Canada celebrated 139th year and because it's summer, everyone is just feeling celebratory! :) Did you notice that everyone in your community is out basking in that 30-ish heat of the sun?!?!
Saturday: Made Hakuna Frittata from ESBM and some Italian sausages - very good! ;) Went to Carstairs and hang out with Kurt's family. Forgot that they are truly Canucks and are sun-worshippers because when we got there at 1-ish, they are happily soaking under the scorching heat of the sun at their backyard. (I forgot to put on my SPF - save for my face!!!) so yes, am baked - and I'm not overly happy because I got matching mosquito bites on my arms and legs. :( Finally met Grandma N. She's a fine lady who loves to call me Marie. hahaha :P I dared not correct her - but she sure is a picture of calmness and beauty despite her ripe age of 82. Auntie Edna was there with Uncle Miles - along with Barb and Doug. Auntie showed us the grad pic of Heather - omg, she's gorgeous at 18!!!!! She suddenly looked very womanly at her age yet, with a hint of girlishness thrown in between. :) Had great dinner and for once, C was not a pain in the butt. She did not bug me about wedding planning - and I'm happy about that. B's dad gave us an early wedding present though, a whooping $2K!!! Yay!!!!!!!!! :) Very, very generous gift! :)
Sunday: Had an early day because we went to D's house in the SW - faaaarrrrrr SW! B made his presentation and while it would have been fine (they really don't need to buy anything at all) had there been no promises made. I felt bad for B because it seemed that they're just doing us a favour by listening and making stupid promises. Whatever happened to say Yes if you mean YES and No, if you mean NO. UGH!!!!!!! Went to Chinook at 11am. Wow, I literally opened the store and it's nice to go there when there's not a swarm of shoppers... hahaha... Got 2 white Pottery Barn ceramic oven-to-table oblong and square dishes (trish magwood's influence, thank you very much! hahaha) and 2 Banana Republic chinos at $20 each! Whoa!!!! :) For B, I got him 2 Gap tops (1, short sleeved and 1 long sleeved) and a golf shirt from BR. :) He made 2 presentations but was not promising - not a good weekend for my honey. :( Dinner at Smitty's with B's mom. S found someone who can lend me a dress form, Yay!!!! :) Went to Fabricland for the threads and Honda West to price out for the CRV. Now, we both can't sleep after seeing the deals. Yikes!!! :( Heard mass at St. Mary's and the priest was awesome!!! :)
Monday: Met up with Fernando at Nellie's Cosmic Cafe at 17th Ave. Holy, lots of people brunching... the place was packed! Got seated in the right far end corner and got myself Ukrainian Break the Fast while B got the Belly Buster - yikes! Love the food and service but their washroom is gross!!! :( Walked down 17th Ave and visited Collage Inc. - very nice place - better than Box, Papers, Scissors in Kensington. Got that Crane periwinkle blank cards - they have more variety than Reid's too. Went to Best Buy but didn't get anything; had nap for 2 hours - yay!!!!!! Then finally went to Superstore for our grocery shopping.
Tonight, we are going to be attending our first dance lesson. Nervous to the max!!! I hope it's not as hard as I'm anticipating it to be - for 2 impatient people like us, this lesson will be a great challenge!!! Stay tuned!
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment