Waxing. I've never had anything waxed in my life and I was scared as heck yesterday when the aesthetician asked me to lay down their bed while their (wax) machine was gurggling funny noise. Omg - I better look pretty after this or else?!?!?!
Yes, I'm a wax virgin but yesterday was a baptism of sorts. I got my brow and lip wax - because my mua (make up artist) suggested this to 'open' my eyes and a lip wax because according to Kim (the aesthetician), I have a small moustache happening... I'm like - what?!?!? Since when?!?!? Well, she did point them out - and I guess she was right... it's not like I look like a man (duh! hahaha) but the hair is a bit pronounced so I bit the bullet and went with it.
But, the ordeal of the waxing process. Yikes!!!! :( Kim was telling me in her thick Vietnamese accent, "No, don't open eyes - not good". I went, "Ok" but my head was saying this - "what do you mean, close my eyes as seeing it is not good? Oh my, please make sure that there will still be some brows left!!!! I'm gonna wring your neck if I'd have 'bald' brows!!!" Oh, the horror stories I heard about beauty treatments. Images flashing inside my little brain with me having to 'draw' my brows because all of the hair were taken out by the wax! Not a good sight!!!
So, back to reality. I can hear Kim blowing on something and the smell of wax (with some hint of mint) flowed in the room... by this time, I started praying Hail Mary! omg!!! Did I tell you that I was very freaked out? Interspersed with my Hail Mary is a prayer asking God to make sure that Kim won't pull out all my brow (hair!). Then, I sensed something warm was being applied to my brows. Kim's hand was gentle (I did tell her it's my first time - so be gentle! *wink* hahaha) and she was careful and quick.
Rrripp! rip, rip, tap on my brow! There were probably 7 - 10 rips and that was just one brow! hahaha After probably a good 5 more minutes and in between blowing, applying, ripping, tapping my brow - it's over! Yahhhhhhh!!! Success!
But, she didn't want me to open my eyes still. She said, No, lip now. Ok... by this time, I think I'm used to the pain - it wasn't so bad anymore. Then, she showed me the mirror...
The result: a brighter, fresher looking moi (according to B) and sheepishly, I think Kim was right. :) I stood by the mirrors and I felt good. Ohhhhh - women and beauty.... never mind the pain if only to be pretty! ;)
Friday, July 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment