Shit. I am absolutely mad with how things are turning out with our hotel venue. Freakin turnovers are driving me insane!
After Heidi left, her assistant filled her place. S is as idiot as it can be. When we went there last May, she has been on her ready-to-leave-mode because you guessed it, she's leaving too - and that was her second to the last day. Can't pay in advance for the rooms, can't fax/scan the receipt for advance payment. Can't, can't, can't.
So, when S left - she assured us - that someone will definitely take over and will even have a courtesy call- you think they would do this because in any previous hotel experiences, this is COMMON PRACTICE. Guess what??????? Not a word - although, I did manage to find out who's doing the 'new' position and this is J.
J is not the most pleasant character in the world. Well, she's not close to being a b!tch as B of Sheraton Cavalier - but I'll tell you why I think the people running our hotel-venue is not as competent as we hope they are.
First thing before you respond to a client, you think they will verify their files right? This is your safest bet, for sure. And you don't need an MBA or Phd to understand this, right? To think, I started my communique with them over a year ago. So here are some shockers and greatest disappointments that we have encountered to date:
1. That nobody knew that we are having cocktails. OMGGGGGGGGGGG!!!
2. That nobody knew ALL THIS TIME that we are booked for a buffet dinner - not sit down!!!!!!
3. That nobody knew that we are having a chocolate fountain. Worse, they also didn't know that another event is going to have that (fountain) and that the vendor is bringing the dipping stuff (this other wedding has the same vendor as ours.) And you know, they even wanted our chocolate fountain vendor to give them a buzz! WTFFFFFFF - I have DELIBERATELY not asked our vendor to do that. The agreement is between us and the fountain vendor - not the hotel-venue and the fountain vendor. Sheeshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! If they checked their files, surely, they would have seen it!
4. That this ongoing alcohol / bar/ wine saga is NEVER DONE.
5. We were assured before that 2 months to the day, we can inquire if we can definitely have someone decorate our place. Well guess what - this stupid woman said that they can't guarantee this till a week prior to the day.
Now, this same woman is getting married in August. Sure, she can have that. But who in the world is really going to be assigned to us????????????????????????? NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW!
I told B, talk to them because I'm at my wits' end. I am rational enough to know that I don't want to talk to them right now because nothing seemed to be in place and all their cover up stinks like hell!
B wrote the email. I think it was well phrased. I just hope someone responds.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment