My small tribute to (virtual or casual) people who made my day, my life as a bride-to-be, and just the usual ME - better and more memorable.
7. Franceaz - again, like Pat, I know this girl as she was a former co-worker. While our conversations have always been cordial (she works in Reg while I work in an Academic department), we became chatty again over email when I was asking around for someone who can recommend me a good hair and make up artist. And Franceaz has kindly given a name who we will definitely use for our day! :)
8. Anne C - is our favours supplier from Ajax, Ontario. We ordered our "West" favour online because we can't find anything we like that's fresh here in Alberta. I ran into problems with one vendor that totally sent me to paranoia land and because the other online transaction I have was with Anne, I was pins and needles when I phoned their Ontario office and didn't get a call at all - only to find out that, May/June was harvest season so they don't come home till late. Anne made sure everything was properly accounted for - and that wow, our favours came on the time that they 'predicted' - to think we used Canada Post! (that's a first!!!) :)
9. Kirsten - our prospective mortgage broker. Tenacity I think is her middle name. We only spoke on the phone and she has been very helpful. You think she is just after 'sales' but really, when she calls almost quarterly and has not forgotten that we are getting married (and therefore, we're busy people) - she opted to just give us updates via snail mail! ;) That's respect and thoughtfulness.
10. The 2 older men (one is a cashier and the other works in the deli) of Safeway in Beddington. Oh, I have to give my hats off to these two gentlemen (unfortunately, we don't know their names because they were part-timers and don't have the 'badge') but it's always a joy to see them because they make small but really sincere conversations with their customers. The cashier finds pride in the way he bags the stuff his customers buy. He's not the rude kind of employee who just stacks the grocery in a bag. He gently but swiftly puts them in a very organized manner! B loves that!!! :) And, the guy who is always in the Deli Section always cracks a joke to anyone who comes his way... and that's why we always patronize Beddington Safeway everytime because these 2 guys are just marvelous! :)
And because life is ongoing, I'm sure there will be more people who will cross my path that I will have to blog about for their kindness, generosity, joy and inspiration that they provide - eventhough they are 'strangers' to me. :)
Friday, July 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment