Thursday, July 27, 2006

A rational mind.

Our hotel-venue saga is still on. After my meltdown yesterday, and after a careful thought process - we decided we'll just be the 'bigger', more professional person and be more cautious than just simply trusting.

I cry because I am human but I'm a tough cookie on matters that I think I have control over. For situations such as these, I couldn't help but get bitterly mad because I know we've done everything humanly possible to make sure that we're airtight in our dealings - especially that there has been 3 people leaving and now, a 4th one is set to take holidays and who knows when she'll come back - and remember what we have discussed verbally and in print. I hate being lied to - I think this is one trait (honesty) that I always expect from people - because I am that. Tough shit if you can't take my being honest. I will tell you if you ask. I do exercise prudence and I guess I have some form of wisdom - on when to shut up or when to speak up.

So, today - I spoke to K, who used to be Banquet Assistant in the 'Peg. She was shocked to find out what has happened (because I didn't tell her about the stuff that was going on yesterday) and commended me for keeping a straight face and for being so patient. I told her, well, I can be patient but I am far from being a saint! I narrated to her about the things that have transpired since Feb when Heidi left. She can't believe how terribly disorganized things have become and was patting us in the back for keeping our cool (if only she knew about my blog - she would have known that I was cursing no end and I was really M-A-D over it!)

K is fairly rational. As a real Caucasian with strong opinions (I've seen it, that's why I know!!!) and after hearing what has transpired - I found some consolation on her words.

She said, "M, you did everything you can. Sometimes, the people they get to hire are not as efficient because somehow, they can get away with it. It is right that you assert yourselves after an obvious screw up. How in the hell can you decorate when your ceremony is at 1pm? They think you'll be out there in your gown, fully made up, running like headless chicken, to find out if the centerpieces are correctly placed? Or, the favours and what have you has been setup? No one in her right mind would even be bothered on the DAY OF!"

"Whoever think that you have the time for your day is insane! It's weird because she's getting married too - she should know what it entails to get things organized! And never, in my whole career (then) in the hospitality industry can you mistake decorating on the day of - especially that they know that the wedding ceremony is in the Church. It's just 1+1 - not rocket science."

Wow... I was relieved - see, K is nice but she can be razor-sharp in her talks. I guess, because we work together, she knows my work ethics and that's why I think she knew we were in the right.

And to think, I thought I was being a bridezilla! :)

No comments: