This Sunday marks the new clockwork. I will be losing one hour of our day. Spring is here and this day is going to be a 23-hour day.
And crazy me decided to put together the last load of the laundry (oops - I still have some of my dark undies to go last) because tomorrow (well in half an hour) will be shorter... lol...
But, heck - I am happy that there were tons of stuff that are crossed off the list. The working plan is on a roll - to think that I'm also doing Josephine's shower.
Got Jing's favours - bulk mints in pink and white on B's small cellophane and with my painstakingly done tags and brown ribbons. Complementing this is a pink and white basket from Michael's which we found today at 50% off! Yay! :) The lid of the basket was lined by the stripe brown and pink ribbon that we also got from Michael's. B loved it - everything is matching! hahaha
This morning too (hello, we're out the house at 9:45am on a Saturday!), we finally sat down with Heather who was sporting a left arm cast. Poor girl. But hey, she's amazing - she still did all those yummy treats with one hand/arm! Grabe! As usual, she's very chatty and overly friendly. :) She said we're her favourite clients because she feels that our advertisements in Wedding Bells has really broadened her client base. Imagine, she's booked every weekend in April and May! Most of them were gals from WB who I think saw my exchange with a few gals on the boards. So, I hope she will really do her darn-est to make our cake look very nice. We're not worried with the taste as she makes it according to specs using the freshest ingredients - but, I had my moments where I doubted the finish of the products. *Keeping my fingers crossed!*
We ordered and paid first for Josephine's cake. It will be humoungous at 14x10 baby cake with all those nice trimmings - vanilla in irish creme. At $50, I won't complain anymore - it's not the most complicated design but she will use white chocolate - and without GST. Pwede na.
Then, we went with our own wedding requirements. We decided on the placecard/favour cookies. I really hope she will use the colours per the magazine I provided. I want Wedgewood - not Tiffany coloured ones! hmmm... *fingers crossed again!*
Then, the fortune cookies -at $2 a piece, I really hope it's going to be really tasty, pretty and packaged well. Gano kaya kalaki yun? The one we had for trial was not so big - but yeah, the work that goes with it - the monogramming - yun ang kakain ng oras nya.
Then, our Damask-inspired wedgewood blue buttercream 3-tier cake was decided on. So, we stayed with the 'safe' flavours. We don't want to be responsible for outbreaks of diseases or allergies - even though I really liked the vanilla/raspberry combination. B is not though - so, we had to give it a pass. :( We're instead going to have a vanilla on vanilla custard (made from a real vanilla bean!) for the base; second layer will be carrot cake on cream cheese and last is of course B's triple chocolate fudge. I hope she won't forget to use our Chancery monogram for the topper! (note to self: ask Heather if she's going to use a cookie or pure chocolate on it!)
We put a $200 deposit muna. I don't want to pay it out completely as she might slack a bit. lol.
Ok, so we're definitely headed to the right directions now. Make up and hairstylist na lang! I should call that girl recommended by Franceaz soon! Otherwise, my back up mua is Nadine - kaso expensive - Merle Norman ba naman. Yikes...... I am fussy pa naman with make up - and hairstyle! I hope that gal is going to be good - so I won't have to look further. The ones on the boards are just too dang expensive - just because it's wedding related. :(
I'm ambivalent on one thing though. Do we really have to issue an invite for wedding rehearsal????? I don't want to make it so formal - could it be by word of mouth na lang???? Too much na on the postage no. Shucks, it looks like our invite sets will be derailed because of this snag ha!
Then, Christine has hinted on using chocolate fountain. Sheesh, talaga ba!!!! I think it's too much na - we're having buffet for crying out loud! Then, again, we can use it for the rehearsal - kaso, it will be too much na!!!! Hay naku, daming gagawin!
Tomorrow and thereafter:
1. Look for the different stuff to put on the fortune cookies. Got the links and compilation is getting full! April 3, 2006.
2. Ask B to REALLY start canvassing on the To/NOTL/NF mini-moon. Also, to check WestJet's flights to To and the car rental! OMGGGGGGG - sana he won't get overwhelmed!
3. Print the RSVP pins. We seem to have the right number of people for the list anyway. - DONE. Next up: Printing of the addresses in RSVP/Main invites.
4. Check out cheap alternatives to doing the wedding rehearsal invites. Now, do we have to mail this separately???? Good God! - DONE; Thanks to Carlton Cards. hahaha
5. Follow up on Veluz. Looks like she's lost in the face of the earth. Dang fitting has not taken place yet and Malet is going home na in June. Ask too, how can I dance with my gown and crinoline???? - DONE!!! April 3, 2006.
***Follow up with Bruce re: requirements and availability for Edmonton photo ops. Ask what he needs for the accommodations - Queen bed ok? How does the AVP will run - screen and computer double check. What space does he need? How will sound be hooked up? Does he need DJ assistance for the music? Can he do onsite - show the pictures from the ceremony immediately ala Harmen? - wait for Bruce's reply.
6. Once I get the baptismal certificate from Manila, pay the whole church thing. (mid to late April).
*** Work on the misalette right away once we submit the paperwork.
****Send approved missalette to Tita Norma, Dale and Chrys. Working copy should be good - we still have one open slot for an offeror!
7. Sit down with Lia O'Hara for the music. (Ask if she can join for the rehearsal so she knows how it's going to be like!) Target date: after Jing's shower thereabouts.
8. See Sally's stuff on the 22nd of April. Toxic day - Radisson, Kincora in NW (Heather's) then Gina's at Shawnessy in SW for Jing's surprise shower. - Done and done!
9. Contact via email Anne Cossette for the maple syrup reminder. Delivery date: June. Check balance and courier charges. - DONE. Things are well. Will contact again for final delivery date.
10. Work on the sprucing up of the windchimes. (May - June)
***Get blurb on the Bahay Kubo/Nipa Hut. - Done! April 4, 2006
11. Finalize free engagement photos with Joanne Chang - Mid May.
***Meet with Bruce for Edmonton engagement photo ops. June.
12. Arrange all legal documents in July.
13. Work on the final copy of missalette in July after the legal documents are submitted.
14. Work on the unity candle spruce up. Emboss all the napkins.
15. Get creative on the treasure chest.
16. Work on the make a wish (guestcards), take a wish theme. June/July.
17. Work on the Programme - don't forget the crossword + games with prizes. Involve Fernando and Lyn. Talk about the DJ's participation on the Bridal party intros. Submit Music Selection to Richard H. June/July/August.
18. Start looking on a DI hahahaha. Foxtrot/Swing/Rumba July/August
19. August 12 - cutoff of the RSVP; make phone calls for those remiss!
20. Start on the seating chart. Also, the parasol picks for the seat cards.
Yikes! 20 mega to-do list! Ok, my blogger - you'll be my constant reminder/companion. Good luck to B and I in doing all these surmountable tasks.
Signing off.
Saturday, April 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment