
I have been mulling over it and got the guts to embark on my take on the Baby Diaper cake. Shoot - do I want to showcase it?????? I guess I would once it's all in the clear cellophane. I am so paranoid that I will dirty it for my soon-to-be niece so I have to finish this today.
While in Superstore last Sunday, we ran across this consumerist problem. Which one should we choose????? There were rows and rows and mega-humungous variety of the diapers. Help came in when I decided to phone Christine and told me, Get the Swaddlers by Pampers! I was like - but it's 20 freaking dollars (for the big one) and $15 for the 40-diaper thing! (Can this be true - a napkin where the baby will just crap on costs this much??!?!?!) B was also getting impatient because I was hewing and hawing on the rows of diapers. But, like a true stage aunt, I chose the best - Pampers Swaddlers it is! (Thanks to my P&G blood - I still remain true and loyal to my first employers! Ha!)
So yeah, we got 2 packages. And I started working on it last night while I was helping B with this stretching exercises... hahaha
Out came the disposable gloves (the one we use for making sub-sandwiches) and the containers we used (and saved) from the rye bread and spinach dip. It's small - so it's perfect! :) If I screw up, it's small - hahaha.
I got the base and lined it with a parchment paper (did I say I was paranoid for the baby?!?!?!) then took out the teeny weeny little diapers... awwww - that's all B and I could say, they're so freakin small! :P Then, I put out these diapers in the circular arrangement but dang papers won't stand on its own and I don't intend to tape it! - unlike what most instructions say. Getting frustrated, I asked B to help me - and he does not like to do those stuff because I'm very meticulousl! hahaha
Then, he said that he has an idea. Instead of using the base, he made me wipe the cover and dumped the diaper upside down on the cover! Voila! It stands now at least... hahahaha
So, there was a little small circle inside the core of the whole 'cake' - and that's where I inserted the gifts. I got the baby 3 Gerber feeding bottles, 1 Elmo oil, 1 Winnie the Pooh soother - all painstakingly wrapped. This one fills the hole... lol...
Now that there looks like a 10-inch cake, I asked B to wrap the diaper in the pink & brown striped ribbons I got (same ribbon we used to decorate the favour basket) both for the upper and lower parts of the base. The middle part was done in pink and brown polka dots! I think it looks neat! (Love your own! hahaha)

Then, the $20 diaper package was wrapped in my pink & brown wrapper so it looks like a square cake! Yay!!! :)
Tonight, I'm going to wrap them in the cellophane be-ribboned in that pink and brown polka dots and see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment