Yesterday, we decided to stop by Safeway because Superstore's produce last Sunday was almost ransacked - that's what happens if you go to the grocery store at 6:30 pm!!!! Because today is Linda's last day (we'll miss you!!!), I told B to make a quick stop to get some pecan tarts (Linda loves nuts!) for her sendoff today.
Then, after scouring thru the aisles, we're ready to go home. B is always in a hurry because there's a Flames vs Red Wings game last night. Anyhow, it's always a joy to see that we only spent less than $80 for grocery - well, we barely bought anything - hahaha - just mostly produce, milk and some sweets/bread and oh, mangoes!!!
Now, I was surprised to get handed on a few promo tickets by the lady cashier. B loves this kind - and took 2, 1 got the last one. Bugger! :P While shuffling the receipt on my purse, I had that nagging thought saying, "open it! you'll win something today"! I went - huh?!?!??! That seldom happens but how fun it is to actually see something on my ticket - 25 bonus Airmiles!!! lol
This lead me to stroll down memory lane... I had the same thing happen to me before - in some promo while buying at Rustan's in Makati, the promo girl asked me if I had Palmolive (you know the I can feel it! ad before??!?!?! Ok, that's too long ago! hahaha) product that I bought. Sheepishly, I said - uhmm.. yes... (Alice Dixson was so pretty - you think buying the product she uses will make you look like her! hahaha) Then, she said, well - it's your lucky day! (and for some reason, I did have a strong sense I'll hit jackpot!)***
I think I rolled the roulette or chose a number - I forgot what now - but I did win! And yes, the jackpot of their promo. Wha??!?!?!?! My mom was aghast too! hahaha We're like - wow, that's sweet! :P
So, what's the whole point of this blog? I would like to acknowledge the Higher Being and the angels that are always with us. I still have this vision that apart from the Lord who looks down on us everyday - He sent guardians who tell us sweet/wise things every now and again. The sense I got was so strong - I had to force myself to stop and not say the HUH?!?! out loud. I never doubted it because I feel it strongly. Then, there it was... a sweet surprise - only a beautiful soul could have whispered in my ear. :)
And for the other things I have been told/reassured/promised - I'd write on them once they unfold.
Thank you for being with us everyday. Dear angels of God, bless us, guide us, enlighten us. Amen.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment