Let me start with Friday. B left early from work as it was his last day. He was just too happy to go as his last place of work was not the most pleasant place to be. Besides, last Friday was the start of the playoff run. And, he got me tied up with a date with him (haha) and his (ex) boss and his wife to watch the hockey game at The Pig & Whistle Pub in Beddington. Don't get me wrong - I love the Flames but not when the crucial events are happening. I get really worked up! I love them to ALWAYS (yes, ALWAYS!) win! And they won by a slight margin - 2,1 - Calgary! Yay!!!
Before we headed off to our hockey date, I got the package of Tita N for Josephine's shower (the next day - Saturday). I phoned Tita N in WA to thank her for the lovely gesture. Of course, a short (or was it long????) chicka-chicka ensued. :)
Saturday was a long, productive, very exciting day! :) We started off with stopping by the Manila Cargo Express to send the money to Lyn. This will cover 75% of Veluz's payment scheme, along with the shipment of the fitting garments and the PA lot in Laguna. Next off, we headed to Radisson. We didn't see Sally but the place was already set up. I found it quite cramped - B said, it's not. I guess theirs was not properly set - the DJ was at the other side of the room and at 5 tables, it did look really small! WTF! Our is going to be at least 10. OMG - I better talk to S today! We took pictures and the place looked decent - but it lacked the oomph, you know??!?!?!
Next up was a trip to Kincora to get Josephine's cake in Heather's house. Ohhhhhh - lovely cake!!!! But, B got super excited and rubbed a small chunk of the buttercream on his shirt! :( It still looked really cute still though. :) I'm now getting more confident with Heather's craftmanship. The flavour is great - especially for diabetic friends who were present. Fresh and not too sweet and is very aesthetically pleasing. She nailed this big time! :)
And wow - we did have a very successful shower! :) We were scrambling for time. We got to Gina's house at 4:30pm and started decorating. Balloons in pink and ribbons in brown (striped with pink and dotted in brown), and 2 big banners that the gals and boys put up in the front garage and the cute kangaroo banner inside! :) It did look festive - and whoa - lots of people came including Sophie. Centre of attraction was the diaper cake *shempre pa!* hahaha and the big 14" round cake we got, which actually looked like a 2-tiered cake with the teddy bear as the main design - complete with pink and brown tealight candles! :)
The poop diaper game was a hit! B and I were arguing on this before we left that day. He didn't want to follow my instructions - he thinks it's too gross! Well, that's the point! Gross people out with the melted chocolate to mimic a poop! Hello!!!! And see, everyone gathered round the table to guess the 'poopy' chocolate. hahaha Some even tasted it! lol! We twisted the game to putting lots of stingers but the chocoholics knew their stuff! And they won what they guessed! ;)
Another hit was the yarn game. Neri won by some 5 inches! hahaha Funny too that they got surprised with a real gift ha! :)
Josephine was ecstatic. She didn't realize that our press release of April 29th was a big hoax! She didn't think we can organize behind her back! hahahaha So, she was very happy about the whole surprise thing! :) Gina was ever the gracious hostess! Holy cow!!! If I spent too much on the entertainment and decors, her logistics were phenomenal. The kids were running like crazy and playing in Ginelle's Little Tikes house. Sooooo cute! And our little Joaquin, well, always the star of the household - or could it be that he's the only little boy in the pack?!?!?! :)
The house was filled with gifts - and she got really cute ones! :) When I gave Tita N's package, she couldn't believe it! Yes, I told her that I sent them (Tita N and L) a shower invite and that a short email from mom (I put her wishes/advise in a pink cardstock) was what made her all tear-y. :) Talk about drama! hahaha Too bad Cynthia and Mum couldn't make it - but that's another story.
My last gift for Josephine was a Birk's sterling silver locket. I thought, everyone has something for the baby. I want to give something just for the MOM. Oh, she liked it! She was showing it off to G (her hubby) - well, because it's Birk's and dang, a nice jewelry too! Oh- ha! ;)
Sunday was even crazier. I started to feel queasy (thank goodness I didn't barf though!) and lightheaded. But, we had a full day! We left the house at about 12noon, went to WalMart to have the film developed and some plastic grass for the oot basket, bought some pants at Sears Outlet for B; went straight to Sunridge for Shoe Company - B went Imeldific - imagine, 3 pairs of shoes! Holy shoe shopping!!! :P The last pair was a Florsheim - and I volunteered to pay as this will be his wedding shoes! Whoaa!!! (We're happy for this! He initially wanted the Kenneth Cole one but it was .5 inches smaller. Grr!!! Well, he got the F shoes - so, that's still good!). We then went to WestHills and he got Tommy Hilfiger slacks and top. He even bought me a khaki pants and trouser socks! Yay!!! :) Oh, I got Roots pants for cheap too! Double yay!!!! :)
As we were both getting dehydrated - it was probably 11 yesterday, he went and bought me Starbucks' Tazo Green Tea Latte and my favorite carrot cake! He, the usual chocolate chip cookie and Vanilla Creme Frappucino. Then, we went home for a bit to drop off the loot. I was very tired and snoozy. Went to church afterwards and had dinner - B used the Shake N Bake for the chicken and I prepped everything else for afritada and pancit.Flames lost to the Ducks last night by a point. Well, come to think of it, everyone who lost to the first game came out with a revenge. Flames managed to gain some control by having a 3 points but the Ducks won by 1 point over the CF. Hmmm... Tuesday should be interesting when the Flames go to Anaheim. Well, CF needs to win!!!!!!
And of course, the big bomb was the note from D about J's dad. He passed away. I hope J and his family will have comfort and peace despite Atty. I's departure.
And that's it for my weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment