I should have been having another day off - what with being an Easter Monday in post-secondary education sector. Gotta love being a semi-government employee! hahaha
And since Easter Monday is supposed to be a stat, I was asked by Christine to look after my nephew, Joaquin. How can I refuse!?!?!? Well, I love another day off but I also love Joaquin - so there you go.
The day started at 7:30 but the little boy didn't wake up till 8:45am. Yay!!! I got him fed with his tofu after I changed his nappies. He was drenched with his pee. Worse, after feeding him the tofu, he crapped! Yikesssssss! It was funny because when I asked him if he's pooping, he said, NO! But, he was in the area where the vent was, probably hoping that I won't smell his stinky bum! lol So yeah, I had to change his diaper again. And dang kid does not like being changed, I had to chase him in the room! :) But, hello, Auntie wins no!
I got him his jacket for a quick fresh air retreat. Armed with his trike, I got him circling the compound so he can have some sunshine. We probably was out for a good half an hour then he got on to his Treehouse marathon. Thank God for Channel 17!!!
This little tyke ate 2 Danone blueberry yogurt and almost half of a big red apple. That's why at lunchtime, he barely ate the tinola only a few scoops of rice with the soup and a small chunk of chicken. At around 12:45pm, I got him to take his nap! Yay!!!
Poor kid must have been really tired, he slept a good 2 hours. He woke up at 3:15 and had a Dole fruit cup and a few minutes later - his meds. Holy shit, how do you work an oral syringe? I tried 3 times and it won't work. So, I got the usual method of slurping from a teaspoon - thankfully, Joaquin obliged - after I cajoled him that it's a YumYum. :(
Then it was 5pm and B showed himself up! Yay! Now, he can play the PS2 with Joaquin while we just wait until his parents arrive.
Ahhhh... how different it must be to be a mom. It was fun and painless but I now really realize that I might suck at being SAHM. How do you keep yourself sane with all the chores that go with raising a kid???????? How did those single moms manage??? OMG, lotsa pressure!
Anyway, I had a great time looking after our cutesy little angel. He has been very good today - helping out Auntie. ;) And I dread tomorrow - because I'm taking over K's job while she is sunbathing in the Southern Carribean! Ugh! Isn't September coming up soon?????????
Monday, April 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment