I learned from my Art Director friend that one of our good friend's dad passed away. He was 66. That was his first (and last) stroke.
Things happened in a flash. Atty. I was sent to ICU last Thursday and Friday, he was considered stable. Saturday, he died.
This guy, whom I only know because of his son's stories and slightly, due to informal meetings when we would party in their house in Manila - was a picture of a hardworking man. He studied law in San Beda and finished with high marks, established his own law firm and was a devoted dad and a Leyteño who never forgot his roots. He must be a proud dad considering that his firstborn (my friend) has been a very successful person - him, being our Magna Cum Laude in UST '92 and a 1st AVP in a very established telecommunications company in Manila - all at age 34.
I wonder how A feels - his daughter who I know lives in Toronto. I wish I know her number because J didn't give it to me last time I saw him in July. A is the 2nd and the first girl in the family. I wish I can help her get thru this hard time.
Anyhow, mom will go to J's dad's wake tonight. To J's family, our sincere condolences.
Eternal rest, grant unto SI,Sr Lord and let perpetual life shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.
Sunday, April 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment