Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Invite production meeting

Whoa, production meeting! hahaha That's how our night turned out to be after B and I decided to sit down and have a look-see of what we seems to be our long list of to-dos. First on the list, invites.

We decided to work on this right away because we pretty much have a solid number/name of folks we want to see on our day anyway - and the earlier RSVPs there are, the earlier we can invite the #2 / alternate guests for our day.

Pictures would be to follow. It's hard enough to come up with a good 'look' that we want to jazz up our invites without fighting - so, pictures are not necessary at this time. lol.

Yesterday, B and I worked on the following options to spruce up oue EMW themed invites.
1. B measured our periwinkle sheets to 1x1 for the embosser.
2. I did the rest of the cutting as I suck with doing the measurements!
3. B did the embossing - because he found out that I can't 'centre' it!
4. The bloody part - making sure the embossed 1x1 is showcased via the choices of the ribbons.

a) We first did a short wraparound (crosswise) of the blue and silver ribbons. As the silver ribbon is too skinny for the blue ribbon and dang satin ribbons won't glue to the embossed sheet, B had to use the glue gun - which he loathes! Finished product looked 'cheap'. OUT!

b) I tried using the short wraparound (crosswise) concept first but just using the silver (skinny) ribbon and the embossed 1x1 has knots on them. Looks good but quite elementary - the look is quite 'trying hard'. :( OUT!

c) We devised a long wraparound (lengthwise) concept using the silver ribbon still. Looks nicer than the crosswise version but the skinny ribbon seems totally out of place. The skinny-ness is drowning the 1x1 embossed feature. QUESTIONABLE - on standby.

d) B jumped on the lengthwise idea and used the blue ribbon instead. Looks good actually. We had a tussle on where the 'knot' would be placed - I voted for the back part - as it looks like a total overkill with the bamboo wrap design, the embossed feature and ribbon + the knot. By keeping things clean and the knot at the back, there is still the subtle drama on the invite but not too OA. B agreed after I pointed out the 'front' features of our invite. WINNER (as of now).

e) As I'm writing this, I just had a nagging thought that I have to find a SILVER ribbon that we can use to do the lengthwise concept. This way, the theme is totally in place - a periwinkle invite/emboss feature + silver ribbon!

Aggggggh!!! Now, we have to go search for this silver ribbon! Ok, did I say that I'm anal??????? OC just won't cut it... lol...

No comments: