That's how long I have been in Canada. Today marks that third year when I was welcomed by that Immigration Officer in Vancouver - who actually looked like Santa Claus with his big white beard - and a toothy smile. Welcome to Canada. Bienevenue a Canada.
How time flies! Where, what and how has it been since that day on March 1, 2003? Busy. I have had a busy life - not necessarily all fun, but heck, a whole lot busier than what I used to have in Manila. And by 'busy', I didn't mean I didn't have a "life" back then. haha I guess, when you trudge on in your journey - I would say, a new chapter has opened - and therefore, lots of adventures.
I felt I was in a big holding pattern then. After my return from the first visit in 2001, I was literally pins and needles waiting for my migration visa to arrive. And you know how it is - when you wait and wait, it seemed like forever - as if it's never gonna come - at all. Then, it came - thanks to some good souls - who I still believe are angels in disguise - in making sure that I come back and fulfill my destiny.
In a nutshell, my life has been such a whirl. I got a job in 3 months, works downtown, met several men and finally chose MY MAN, had my 2nd sister wedded where I was MOH, have our first nephew (Joaquin), one of my best girl friends married in Manila (where I came home to in July), and now - we're planning our wedding! Oh, before we even hit September, we anticipate the coming of my 2nd sister's baby - who by virtue of technology is being hinted as a girl! :)
So many things in a short span of time. And we are just getting started. :) Thank you, Lord for bringing me here. I finally am feeling that my spring has arrived.
Today is Ash Wednesday too. A time to reflect, fast, abstain and re-connect because our Resurrection is going to come again. :)
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Weng, thanks for dropping by my blog. We really do think alike. ; )
So much has happened to you in three years! Wow! I'm so happy for you. : )
Take care...
Pat!!! :)
Thanks for stopping by too. :) Blogging is my 'release' and it's always therapeutic for me. ;)
Wow, so you're into cooking now???? Yipee!!! Share your recipes ha! ;)
Post a Comment