Who and what influences your thoughts? Great inspirations to me comes from the very trivial and mundane and everyday things to the verses from the Bible uttered by the Greatest Teacher; in other words, it hits me anytime. And yes, I miss my annual retrospective outings; annual retreats invigorate me - perhaps because despite a chaotic life, I do prefer space and silence.
Today, my inspiration comes from a paper bag. Yep! A Lululemon paperbag and it reads, "that which matters the most must never give way to that which matters the least."
I stopped when I read the whole of the verse. I stopped because I do feel like I'm spaced out and the only thing driving me for some anticipation of the future and my NOW is wedding planning. Sounds pathetic, isnt it? Surely, there's more to life than that! But, truly - that's how I feel.
I wake up in the morning, do my morning hygiene routine, I go back to my quiet time (yes, I read the Bible everyday!), then head off to shower and a quick breaky - Silk Soya Milk (chocolate) and a piece of toast. Then, we head off to work.
Most of the time, I wonder if there's anything else I'm destined to do. I guess I've done (and still has) very good values inventory that I wonder if there's a time that I need to re-connect all over again to what my inner voice is telling me. The problem is, the inner voice seems speaking so softly - I have yet to hear it well - in louder decibels.
What have I not been doing that should Matters the Most and must have, at one point, yielded to that which matters the least? Rhetorical question for now. But, I hope soon - I'd know what it is - and re-focus, re-connect and feel fuller and more alive. I'm not sad or anything - just, I don't think I'm living up to what I should be.
Gah! The influences of the Jesuits!!!! I hope someone Up there would help me find the thing that should matter most - that I think I've been neglecting.
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment