Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Summer Solstice

June 21st is the longest day and shortest night of the year. In Canada, this day marks Aboriginal Awareness Day.

It's summer solstice, it's technically the first day of summer. Yet, we had drizzles, to rain, to hail and sunshine all in one day! Welcome to Calgary! hahaha

B has been terribly sick since last night so we went to see the MD today and he was diagnosed with Strep. UGH! So, yeah - we can't even kiss goodnight. :(

The panic button was pushed twice today. Once, was the miscom between Nikko and my mom re: Malet's fitting garment. After lots of text messages at 0730 and another phone call tonight, it was finally sorted out. Malet is supposed to be going at Veluz's shop to get her fitted and hopefully, before she flies back to VA, she can have her gown already.

The second one was with the !@#$$% florist. I was poised to leave for the Y when I opened my work email and found this long email (I say it's a rant - although could it be that she's just not the most gifted communicator that I'm reading it differently??!?!) from her. She probably took offense that I made a contract of agreement on the floral arrangements and the decorations. Geez, and here I was thinking that I was doing her a favour. I responded with a super duper long, clear, direct to the point answers. And I always BCC this to my yahoo and to B's email too so he knows where we are with this. I can't work without any basis on - that's my training and discipline whereas, she, works on a SCRAP paper. Yes, folks - a paper that has had millions of writing from the 3 meetings we have had! No wonder - she does not have anything straight. Can you blame me if I'm organized?!?!?!

I sent the first bcc to B without sending him the whole email that I originally got. B phoned me, chuckling on the phone and said, Hi, am I talking to the Bridezilla?!?!? hahaha Goof! I said, are you referring to the email? He said, uhmm... yeah! lol Then he said, but what the heck is all the $$$$$ enumeration? I go, I KNOW! So, I told him, I'll send you the original email and tell me if I'm bridezilla, ok?

This afternoon before we went to see the Dr, he told me that he read the email. And his only comment was - Is she sure she wants to run a business? And, she better be thankful that she's got a husband who works (because she can't have a successful business if she's like that!)

Now, should I get worried or what?!?!?!?!?

No comments: