
This afternoon, we went to Black & Lee in Northland to have his measurements taken - and me, the ever picture-happy bride was armed with the digicam! hehe. We finally chose his jacket and that of his men. My handsome groom will don a jacket that's (4) button-down with a chinese collar style and platinum coloured vest while his men will wear a 2-button jacket with lapel in periwinkle vest. B was looking so dignified and happy to be finally getting down to the thick of things. He was groomzilla-ish today hahaha - because his men are all over the map too. (More pics in our wed-site).
Now, on the guestlist side, we got phone calls (but no message) from one of our principal sponsors. Ackkkkkkk - B and I were hinting, this person probably wants to find out if the SO and the kid will be invited - so, after playing telephone tag, we finally connected. And we were right. The conversation went like this:
Sponsor: Hi M, just wanted to double check if the invite is just for me because it's just my name on there?
Me: Uh-huh... yes, that's for you only.
Sponsor: Oh, because I don't want to assume that my partner and you know, are you allowing kids in the wedding.... just wanted to double check on that...because you know, it's my birthday on the day before your wedding and a few days after that is my kid's birthday so we normally celebrate during the time...
Me: Oh yeah... we are quite tight on the... and uhm... I don't know that name of your partner...
Sponsor: Yeah, you're limited... oh the name is *bleep*
Me: Yes, we don't have enough space for the room...
Sponsor: Ok, I just thought I'd double check on that...
Me: Oh, ok... thanks for checking.
DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stood my ground. I was close to saying, ok, bring the whole freakin family - but I can't. I shouldn't. So, I didn't. But, there was guilt there somehow - the rant of this person about the birthdays... omgggggggggg - e di wag ka pumunta! Hahanap na lang kami ng ibang tatayo bilang mga ninang/ninong. Pwede rin naman nandun lang siya sa ceremony. Hayyyyyyyy naku, ano ba yan?!?! Meron naman wed-site, marunong naman siya mag computer, bakit hindi basahin?????????
It's very awkward. I know we broke a lot of 'etiquette' by not inviting the spouses. But really, how can we invite these people when we don't even know their names! We don't even know how they look like! Delicadeza - did we not exercise this enough?
Really, when I was invited before in weddings - I never assumed that because I was with someone therefore, my beau had to come - and I WON'T HAVE THE GALL to even ask why only ME, Gah! Don't people know that couples now foot majority (if not ALL - as in our case!) the bill and therefore, we can't afford to bring any jack and jill into the list because one person will cost us at least $50??!?!?!?!?
It's not rocket science, is it???????
No comments:
Post a Comment