I really opted to abstain and wait a few days till I decide to blog on this. Meet Bella Flores II - a pseudonym we'll use to mean my brother in law's aunt.
B and I were invited to the Red Egg celebration of Gianna. Apparently, in Chinese (or was it Malaysian?) culture, the parents and relatives of the baby has to show 'thanksgiving' for the first month of birth of the infant. So, off we go to Regency Palace in Chinatown.
If not for my sister (who is the mom of Gianna), we wouldn't have bothered because we knew we'll hobnob with the relatives of my brother in law (Gianna's dad) and they're not the nicest people to begin with - just because they classify themselves in the elitist crowd - the kind who travels every year to all the exotic and expensive parts of the world yet a great big miser - belekoy po - when it comes to a lotttttt of things. Well, I guess they just have different sets of priorities, right?
Anyway, embedded in this elitist crowd is Bella Flores II. She is the loudest, most boisterous middle-aged Chinese woman I've ever met in my whole life. And she is #1 in wordfights. (she LOVES debates!) She would come in very fashionably late for any occasion and would give the rudest, smirk-inviting comments when you serve food on a non-matching china plates (it has to be the bone China or pfffffffftttt) - yes, Cruella DeVille at it's finest.
This time, she zeroed in on us (B&I) when she heard that we're tying the knot in September and everyone knows about it but her. See, everyone knows - because that's what tete-a-tetes are all about right? You talk about present, future stuff - and weddings, wow, everyone loves weddings! And this is what the convo sounded like last Sunday at the close of the party.
BellaFloresII: Hey (B), I heard you're getting married in September. How come I don't know about it? Where's my invite? Geez!!!!!
B (trying to dodge the question and making a very good retort!): Ask her! (pointing to me Sonofabeeeeeeeyyyyyaaaaatttttccccccchhhhhh... Why can't men just say it straight?!?!? Get someone else (ME) to say it!)
BellaFloresII: Oh, W - you didn't send me the invite. You're getting married in September. I'll smack you in the head. (the nerve!!!)
Me: Why? Are you invited????? hahahahaha BIG SMIRK ON MY FACE.
Silence.......... big silence............ultra long silence......... Realizing that everyone was stunned with my brash answer and opted not to be politically correct, everyone just kept quiet.
We're not relatives, I've not seen them for a good 2 years - she even forgot B and MY names - she had the gall to ask?!?!?!!
OMFG, some people forgot their manners or what??!?!?! Why on earth does she think we'll have to invite her - and of all people - her?!!?!?!?
See, that's why NO ONE LIKES to go to my brother in law's families functions. You get put on the spot like that - and unless you have a straight to the point answer or even a smart comeback, you'll be walked all over by these rude people. I could have been rude-r but I didn't stoop down to her level. Afterall, that's a new Joe she brought to the party.... or, was it Jack? or, was it Dick? hahahaha Who cares?!?!? Pok-pok. (oops - that's not nice, eh?)
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great retort! Wish I could've seen the look on her face. Sheer satisfaction, I bet. heheheh... Bad ba? : )
Girl! :)
Hay naku, this woman is just the epitome of rudeness. She's the kind who would cut across the line (in a buffet table), talk louder to prove her point, and always embarrass people. Get this: even her sons don't like sharing a table with her!!!!! That's how bad she can get!
I think I'm doing her a favour by giving her that remark. It's good to see her shut up! hahaha And funny, but I didn't feel a tinge of guilt. Can you imagine, that day while waiting to get our dessert (and before she went on a rampage with her invite me! remark), she told us - Gosh, I forgot your names (me and B) - it's been a long time since we saw each other. DUH!!!!!
Hey Ana! ;)
Thanks. I think I've always had my good conduct in place but with this mahaderang babae, I will not take it sitting down. I bit my tongue on several occasions but with her comment (na she'll smack us in the head - not funny nor acceptable!!!).
Can you imagine the nerve of some people??????
Post a Comment