It was not intentional, we just happened to find really good steals. (Does that sound something from an AA meeting?) Ok, so we did yielded to our desire - an indoor grill - and yes, we couldn't wait for September (our wedding month) to roll and miss out on a gastronomic grill feast.That's why we don't go to Chinook - because everytime, we buy something (quite compulsive) but heck, it's still in the NEED list - so, does that make us shopaholics that need rehab????
Williams-Sonoma is ALWAYS teeming with great cooking and baking stuff that unfortunately, we cannot ignore. (We're still good because we still have not caved in for that Cookie Press!!) But yesterday, we decided to get our indoor grill. We chucked out the George Foreman because it was a pain in the butt to clean. But, the handsome Delonghi, it just screamed at us big time!!! It didn't help too that it was selling at a reasonable price. (Ok, not Wal-Mart price, but geezzzzzz - it's indoor - therefore, we can use it during the winter months! and, it's Delonghi - and it's new.) So, we did deliberate - the Sales Associate (who's maybe close to being a granny) was so cute - she said, you guys do need to talk about that *winks* and our conversation was centered on, well, what if someone from our wedding registry does buy our BBQ grill (this was our ONLY wishful thinking gift - it was priced at $600 because it's stainless steel Beaumark range) - should we need this still? We both agreed, YES! So, there goes the plastic. hehe
Next stop - Pottery Barn. This is my problem... I saw ACTUAL capiz shells (humungous!!!) and they were 50% off. $6.00 for maybe 38 (I counted them last night! haha) pieces in a box. OMG!!!!!! B said I should grab all of them - there were maybe 3 boxes left, I grabbed 4. So, this one will definitely be used for our wedding AND the excess for our home. :)
The Bay in Chinook. ESQ for B and a Jones New York sundress for me. I don't want to remember how dang expensive the ESQ is - but this is B's request for his groom's gift. As I found the personalized pool cue to be over my budget (and the hassle of doing it blindly), I opted this out. So, we're definitely OK now with the gifts! :)
We blew our minds off when we saw the ad on Birk's though. 30-70% off. OMGGGG - we both had a double take. Birk's SELDOM holds a sale. So, we went in. And, I found the stuff I have always wanted but never bought. A venetian bracelet (exactly the same as that in Tiffany's) and a mother of pearl watch. All at 50% off! We almost did the happy dance!!! ;) And because I found a very nice casual watch (ok, don't flame me for this because I just got him an ESQ!!!) for his everyday wear, I bought that Birk's watch for B as well. 
Last stop was East Side Mario's - had quick dinner there. Now, are we crazy stupid having to blow money on these? I guess that's what repression does to you eh? As we have been very frugal because all the monies were for the wedding fund, big splurges like this is like committing mortal sin! But heck, we both have Birk's watches and a new grill! ESBM, here we come!!! :)
4 comments:
Hi sis! Sarap talaga magshopping noh? Hirap lang pag bayaran na lalo na if you'll use your credit card! ahaha :D Take care!
hey weng! i've been wanting that indoor grill thing!!!
Kaye: I know - super sarap kung maraming pera! hahaha :) Feeling deprived kami kasi we're saving for a house and of course, our wedding... thanks for dropping by, sis! ;)
Pia: How are ya??!?! :) Hope Vancouver is not as gloomy as Calgary - it's been raining like crazy here! :( YES!!! Love the indoor grill - it's perfect for just the 2 of us. Are you ready to be mom soon?? :) Take care, Pia!
Pinay New Yorker: Hi Dinna!!! :) Wow, thanks for dropping by. Yes, isn't it true that sometimes it's liberating to just give in from time to time and break rules? haha We have been on grill mode lately and eating healthily! (I-justify ba ang Delonghi?) :) Have a great weekend! :)
Post a Comment