Monday, June 05, 2006

Early "Shower" Presents!!!


Wow, we have been "showered" with early presents! :) My FMIL (B's mom) loves cooking and baking and x-stitching, pottery, and all that thing that goes under crafts and creativity. And trust me, she has humungous number of stuff related to her hobbies. As there has been a great desire for both B and I to eat healthier stuff (we think we do but we can use 'guidance' on this area), we have been on the lookout for the books authored by the Podleski's. (They're Canadian, love your own!) I was not seriously looking until one day last week while fetching my water, my eyes zoomed on in S's bookfiles. I shrieked, OMG!!! You have Crazy Plates!!!! S was bewildered and ran to me in the kitchen asking, "I have crazy what??!?!" hahahahaha (With her multitude of knick knacks, I'm sure she even forgot she has this!!!) So, I took the book out and showed it to her - I said, YOU HAVE THIS and DIDN'T LET US KNOW?!?!?! :P She went, uh-huh, I have it... but I need it! Bleh, you don't! You have TONS!!! :) So, me and B kidded her about this - asking if we can borrow it so we can look into the yummy recipes that this duo has in this book. She said, next week (that's this week) when we go get my 7 pairs of pants that she's hemming (for free! yay!), then I can borrow it.

So, when we had the date night last Friday, we checked out Chapter's. Dang, nothing is left in the bookshelf - except Looneyspoons (this is the first publication of Janet and Greta Podleski) and I'm not crazy over the looney (hehe) spoons.

Yesterday, when we decided to stop by and borrow the whipper snipper (our dang grass is taller than me!!!!), S informed us that my pairs of jeans are done! Yay!!! And that she has 2 presents for us. We're like, really?!?!?! But, we won't be having our showers yet, right? And oh, when is it going to be? hahaha...

So, without further ado - out came the first book (CRAZY PLATES) - which she is OURS now. Her copy, she won't let us have. And the other one is the newer version which is all the fad in a board that I frequent. YES! We got the Eat, Shrink and Be Merry book as well! Fantastic!!!!

ESBM is a favorite and well-endorsed book all over Canada. (Did you check the latest Reader's Digest? They have an article on ESBM!) And you know S, if she thinks it's good nutrition, she'll have it for us! :)

Ahhhhh... so nice!!! I love cooking and B loves baking! The presents are soooooo perfect!!! Thanks mom-in-law-to-be!!! :)

Now, tonight, I'll have to make my Safeway grocery list for tomorrow. (We're starting on the dishes and hey, it's Customer Appreciaton Day tomorrow too!) :)

No comments: