So, my Matron of Honour and closest sister is about 5 months prego and being her eldest sister, I took the cudgels of organizing her baby shower. Josephine has always been the kind who would say, yes - whatever you want... but I know, deep down, she wants something nice and beautiful... It's a Filipino trait, I suppose. To act as if it's non-chalant and not impose on anyone. Well, I, being a forerunner for Stage Aunt, would like to throw something nice for her - because I knew how longggg they waited for them to have this stork - who by the way, they're calling Gianna. :)
Since her latest ultrasound showed a girl, I actually bought her some stuff for Gianna. An Old Navy pink receiving blanket and a couple of bibs... and after brushing on the baby shower topic, I made her relent to have one in her honour. She's scared stiff of what will happen - like any first time mom to be are - but I told her, everything will be fine. God knows our hearts! :)
Suffice it to say, I'm so much in an organizing mode and since I have deep seated desire to try out some invites/stationeries from Canada, I'm now in a quest to find one that won't break my bank account and yet show off our Pink and Brown Theme. ;) I know, Martha Stewart had that great influence on me! Yikes!!! :)
It will be casual and fun. Thanks to Catherine of Wedding Bells who unselfishly shared her Baby Shower games - I think I have enough materials for the shower itself. Of course, it won't be a surprise anymore - as I even let Josephine decide who are invited or not! hahaha
It will be the 29th of April. Almost a month before her due date... Now, if only I can decide how to go about getting the invites started. Penny People or DIY?
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment