Monday, February 13, 2006

Pre-wedding stuff

The past weekend was a blur... heck, it was too fast I felt that we didn't have one! But, as always, even with the big day creepin', B & I are just too dang happy that some things are moving!!! :) Like, the Save the Date Magnets...

So, why on earth are we spending for this minute detail? The answer is simple, We live in Canada! Ergo, everything has to be set with an appointment. :P We have been engaged for almost 3 years now that most people look to us as 'husband & wife' than just being a "couple". And with lots of ideas thrown here and there, from date change to venue changes, we felt - first things first, let them know WHEN exactly we're getting hitched! :)

And, with all our stationeries almost in place, we got some stuff actually done. The bows are tied, the return address is printed on the envelope flap (bless my sweetie's heart - he has sweat, curse, and tears over it! hahaha) with matching cardstock that heralds the event. Last night, before we hit the sack, we had 3 trials and all were 100%, 0 mistakes! :)

I'm hoping that with a real dry run of the STD magnets, we should be able to go thru the sending of invites very smoothly (*fingers crossed*) as we have everyone categorized. ;)

I somehow lament though, that all those hours dedicated to practicing calligraphy was naught. I guess I can do it still but it's soooooooo much faster to have everything done via the computer. People liked their "Will you be our..." bridal party handmade card - woohoo!!! - because it's personalized and yes, people actually admired my first attempt of calligraphy!!!!! ;)

So, I guess I can still do it, but on a small scale - because as anal as I am, I know that one card will take 15 - 20 minutes of my time! :P

There you have it, a posting of our minute accomplishment! :)

No comments: