Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Rear-ended.

Thank God, he is not seriously hurt. B got rear-ended today - just a few minutes before he got into their office parking lot!

For the first time in 2 years, we had to wear our snow boots. Yes, we had to take them out from our basement because dang snow covered the whole community with about 5 inches in height. And, I'm not kidding!

We left the house at about 10 after 7 because we know we are going to be following a turtle traffic - what with our area next to Deerfoot. B brought me to work and I told him to be extra careful because the roads are slick and / or terrible - depends on which part of the city you are driving in.

As I arrived at exactly 8am, I had to rush to the room where the midterms are being done because I had to help in the invigilation of the exam. No one was in the reception as everyone - as expected - is late.

B phoned 2x on my machine bearing the news. Ranger's box is broken, the rear fender is wiped out and the driver's seat is permanently reclined. OMG! That's a hard hit! B was NOT at fault - that dang driver must have been following him very closely to get Ranger's back totally wiped. The cops said that it was NOT B's fault as all the damage was really from behind. So, this other guy's insurance will have to pay for everything. From the looks of it, Ranger will probably be a write-off. :( He's almost 12 years old - but he's sturdy. And we like that we just haul all our groceries at the back and not be scared with snow as he's still a handsome 4x4.

B was shaken by the jolt. He phoned Dr. K and we will see him tonight. I'm really hoping he does not sustain any internal injuries nor a whiplash!

Thank God though that he is not bruised, bleeding or what not. Thank you Lord for protecting us and I pray that this is the last of the sad news that I will have to think out loud about.

Holy Mother, cover us with your Son's precious blood and protect us from all dangers. Amen.

No comments: