One accomplishment done today. Something truly tangible in my standards. ;) The Save the Date magnets are sent! Yay!!!!
Flashback to one week ago:
1. B and I laboured for 3 nights measuring, cutting and tying bows on the magnets.
2. The hard task of collecting, collating, cross checking and finalizing names and addresses was done. Did I say this is the hard part?????? Oh yes, we killed tons of trees just making sure that we are just looking at ONE final list! And did I say too that we probably are going to be hit hard by Rogers for our long distance and overseas phone bills???? Good thing there's always the email alternative - but you know, it doesn't help that both B and I are very impatient persons! Yikes! So, we spent a good 2 nights just going thru everyone's addresses once and for all. From Yellowknife to Virginia to Manila - Rogers will be happy!
3. Four nights of doing print jobs. This is after I spent 2 nights of doing the fancy shears cutting (B hates doing it so he's doing the stamping, hahaha). First print job was the cardstock; Second print job was for the envelope flaps. Yes, freakin 92 envelopes all in all! We had to "cheat" on this because to have the return envelopes printed on the flap was an additional $1.25 - are you kidding me????? So, good ol' Lexmark had to do all the job! Third and fourth night was the mailing addresses.
4. Today, B and I were doing the sealing. Dang Michael's envelopes won't close using the water moistener (read: sponge!) We almost had a tussle on this because the whole 'look' was easily discarded with the whole flap not closing. (Note to self: You got them on sale, what do you expect?!?!?) So, thank goodness to my cheap Elmer's glue - it did some trick. Well, it's sealed and that's all we needed!
At 3:00pm, we decided to go to Beddington (as this is the closest where we know there's a postal counter) in a Hallmark store. Thank God the gal on the counter is Filipina! :) She's quite helpful! She didn't shoo us nor gave that weird look - well, we went to Hallmark with one freakin bag of Pier 1 (yes, that big bag! hahaha) so we were kinda expecting to hear an earful. (Canada Post employees are not always nice!!! but this gal rocks!) Felma was nice to the point of having the other Pinay who was working on the floor to do the air mail thing for the cards going to Manila. She patiently went thru the 3 different batches - USA, Manila, Canada. Next week will be the odds and ends: some Manila, China and Japan and a few more Canadian destinations. I really hope that next time when we go back there to send our invites, Felma will be there to do the hand cancelled stamps! (Sayang our picture postage if it will be scanned by the machine no!)
We got a few booklets of stamps for our RSVPs. I was hoping we can get the Turin Olympics stamps but B was always soooooo forgetful! Yan, we only have those corny Canadian flag stamps. :(
Then, we finally ordered our pocket seal embosser! Yay!!!!!!! And to our surprise, the gal helping out in the Market Mall Staples was quite knowledgeable and nice! And, the embosser was a few cents cheaper! I thought I was just reading it wrong - but it all came to less than $43!(including GST) Yay!!! I really hope (*crosses fingers*) that it's as nice as we anticipate it to be! :) Also, the gal said that we can get the embosser in a week to a week and a half timing. Wow! Most other branches we went to said at least 3 weeks. Hmmmm!!!! I hope this is all good - this embosser is very important so we can finish our invites too!
Quick stop at Starbucks for snack. I love their whole wheat raspberry scone! :) And their blended creme tazo green tea is also refreshing! People were looking at my stuff - yes, it's caffeine-free! I wonder if they have never seen one like it or they're just dying to ask me what it is! hahaha B said he'll try it next time after he forced me to give him a taste of my stuff. :) He had his favorite Vanilla Bean blended creme and rice crispies (his take on low-fat carb... hahaha)
Tomorrow, we are headed to Kurt's in Carstairs. Chrys wants me to bring my calligraphy kit and wants me to write on the scroll for Morgen. I got her impressed with the home-made card I made in calligraphy... hahahaha - it's not a winning material but I guess it does make some tricks! :)
Monday we're going to try to go to Ikea and to shop for Nancy's kids baptismal gifts. I was chosen as godmother to Jessica and David. Wow, flattering eh? :)
So, I'm closing this blog with a Happy tune (by Square Heads) - literally! :)
Saturday, February 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment