We had a statutory holiday in Alberta. We had Family Day today. Thank goodness for the long weekend!
Yesterday, we had to go to Kurt's. Well, this was a weekend that was planned way advance and prior to yesterday, this has been cancelled - and guess what, after waking up at 7:30am on a Sunday, rushed to St. Joe's to hear Mass (yes, the 'elderly' mass!!!) and drive all the way to Carstairs - we were greeted by Chrys who obviously looked like she just got up from bed - and told us the news, it's cancelled! ARGGGGGGH!!!!!!
So, it's really a good thing that we try hard to be good Catholics. We did not freak out or got mad (we're there - how can we turn back?!?!?!?) but I put my foot down and told B, there's no way we're driving back again tomorrow (today) for stupid burgers and potato salad. See, I had that bout of stomach flu yesterday but we tried to get to the place as we anticipated. Geez, their phone call was way too late! After a short chit chat and a few horsing around with Morgen, we hurried back to Calgary.
We went to Deerfoot Meadows, had late lunch at Ricky's - which is soooooo awful, we swore, we won't go back there anymore then B got his haircut, while I wandered my way to Pier1. There were lots of decors in our colours! (periwinkly shimmer stuff) However, since there's nothing I can get that's truly pressing for the moment, I actually walked out of Pier1 emptyhanded! B kidded me and asked, "are you sure, you're not sick, hun?" Goof! :P
Ikea was our next destination. They still don't have the periwinkle napkins. But, they had $3.99 for 100 pcs of napkins. So, we got 2. hahaha We can use this to 'practice' on our embosser that we can use on the cocktails and wedding rehearsals. Yay!
We had a long night yesterday because after we had a nap, we were awake most of the time so I decided to make 2 more cards for Angelica and Malet. Then, I experimented on the seal - which turned out really well! :) B was bugging me to no end because he thinks the seals rock! ;) I also made another scrapbook entry.
Gina's dad who's based in the Philippines passed away. I only learned from Jing last night. This means, we probably won't get our maps (which Gina is working on) and our shower preps (for Jing) will be on hold. May his soul rest in peace.
Today, and this I am very happy about. We went to Dollarama! Yay!!! The place by PLC was teeming with people. And, we got the stuff we need for the rehearsals! The stuff which could have otherwise been 7x the price in Reid's was a buck at Dollarama. OMG! So, we scooped the things we thought we can keep now - and we are going back there again - maybe next weekend? hahaha :)
I'm so lazy uploading pictures - but, I guess once I found the time to do so, I will!
Monday, February 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment