
Well, what a perfect ending to our V-Date. :) Hearts day has come and gone and thank goodness for it! hahaha I know I'm sappy and so does B but we're not really big on the V-Day. All the hype is a killer! But, because we both had a long day, plus, we didn't have anything thawed out for dinner, B asked me out! Awwwwwwww.... ;)
Joey Tomato's (Mediterranean grill/Asian fusion) in Barlow Trail was an easy favourite! We initially wanted the Eau Claire district but thought otherwise because it was snowing (yes, we are not spared by the white stuff! heck, it's winter - hello!!!!) so we went to this location instead - because it's spacious and yes, free parking! :) So, couple that with tons of people waiting to be seated, we got a small amout of free/sampler of Australian shiraz... B didn't take the sample but I did - and finished it in like, 10 seconds? hahahaha
I had spiced basa fillet and basmati rice while B had a boring Bacon Cheeseburger. Did I tell you that B is a true blue Albertan? There you go! Beef, beef, beef and more beef! So, why was dessert free then? Our server gave the wrong burger and because B had to wait a couple more minutes - as a reward for his patience (hahaha) the dessert we ordered was on the house! Whoa - how cool is that?!?!?! :)
Warm and freshly baked apple pie with vanilla ice cream - mmmmmmm... yummy!!!
Oh, and this I really had to put in my blog. When B and I were being led by the hostess to our booth, she piped in, "First date?" Whoa!!! Both B and I laughed our asses off - then we go, Nope. We're getting married soon though. ;) Then, the gal - slightly embarassed, said, well, congratulations then! :P Super funny! I guess that's what happened when the two of us looked so starry eyed geeks... hahaha
I guess the gal was right... it did look like we're having our first date - sans the nervous tension - because we were all so giddy and happy last night. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment