Saturday, January 28, 2006

Happy Thoughts

Where should I begin? I guess I'll start with the more generic thing and write my thoughts on the election turnout. We have a new government - and it's BLUE - not Red. The Conservatives won albeit, on minority seats (but a win nonetheless) and that means - Stephen Harper has to work double time to get his party to stay in power or experience Paul Martin's fate. But this is not the reason why I'm happy - the reason for my feeling great is that there was an average turnout of 65% for this decision to be made. That's high! To think, it's winter... I guess it's good that people chose to do something on their privilege - and it did make a change. Stephen Harper, Calgarian, new Prime Minister. Make us proud - and make me vote for you when my turn comes. To Mr. Paul Martin - I wish you luck. I didn't hate you at all. In fact, I think you worked very hard, too bad that your Liberal party has been saddled with controversies left and right. It just isn't working to your favour. I like that you took a stand against that Texan cowboy who's supposed to rule the Land of Milk & Honey. You made us proud because of that. And, I like that you chose to step down, conceded, and didn't make it hard for Mr. Harper to be PM-elect. That to me, is a true symbol of professionalism and good sense. I also liked that you mentioned in the TVs that you would be happy to hear your wife call you "Paul" again. How touching. You got my respect, Mr. Martin. Rest and relax - you need it after putting off fire left and right.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/story.html?id=a18bd393-b41f-4318-a58e-96421ae1ae12&k=39148

Ralph's checques. Thanks Mr. Klein! Some people say it's your political agenda, others criticized you because there are tons of things that could have otherwise be used for the $400 that you gave to all taxpayers. But you know what, when it will help us pay for our wedding and it's tax-free, we can't help but gush over the kind of fiscal management you and your provincial officials do. Our $800 will go to the wedding gowns and shipment of our invites.

A relationship that's troubled might be resolved, afterall. Not my relationship - but someone I know. For awhile, J has always been having troubles getting her man to cough up anything but bullshit. R, her supposed fiance has been running around the block as if he's Mr. Dreamboy! (ackkkkkk!!!) Of course, I didn't tell J some other stories I know because it won't help one bit - but this week, J approached me and somehow told me that they might not be headed for the altar afterall. That is heart-breaking, especially that she had ordered her wedding gown, put down a deposit for her photographer, and has been called several times by their reception venue. But, I am happy for J - sure, it will hurt for quite some time. But, at least, she won't subject herself to another bout of divorce mess. She'll be better off finding a man who'd not lie on her and will truly be proud of her.

Last night, the girls got out to do our usual hang out - in Kilkenney Pub in Brentwood NW. I just found it funny that when I turned up, people really looked at me - as if I have no business being there! hahahaha See, I always am mistaken to be young for my age. Hello!!! :) Isn't that funny?!?!?

Also, I got some really cheap founds when I went to Birks yesterday at lunch time. OMG! They are doing a winter clearance (and they seldom have sale!!!) and I got my girls some stuff at half the price! Geez! I had to restrain myself from using the plastic as we still have tons of stuff we need to pay for! Anyhow, I still will have to come back to the Downtown Birks store as they need to polish some of my stash and put the ribbons for the gifts.

No comments: