Friday, January 20, 2006

A Pledge of Allegiance

This has been causing nightmares for me. When I arrived in Canada in 2003, I knew then that I would exercise my right to a dual citizenship - a privilege that I know I should explore. 3 years hence, I am faced with this and while I still want to proceed - the big looming question is, "when"?

Timing is always of the essence. See, I'm getting married this September. Ideally, I can start applying in March (when I turn 3 years) but that means, I might not be able to get sworn in and get my 'right' to be citizen till after the day I tie the knot. Therefore, we have to stay in Canada for our honeymoon... Nice - well, not!!!! {I have always wanted a Europe honeymoon and so does B! We even have brochures from the Embassies and I guess we can just ogle and drool on them until I get dang passport!}

Sure, I can apply for a visa for anywhere we decided we wish to go - but why should I spend more $$$$ when after I get the blue (Canadian) passport, I can go anywhere! Argghhh!!! Couple with the $$$$ would be processing the documents that goes with it - and we all know how a big pain it can get. Do I really want to do this - add more stress when I should just be concentrating on having our W-Day done and have some fun time (err, honeymoon?) afterwards.

I guess I'll never know, eh? And no matter how far advanced you plan or organize or dia-rize, there is always something that happens in between - and I hope this element of surprise is something I will find great and worth raving on - because right now, I am totally not thinking straight and I feel sad over all these. :(

Why is life always so complicated?????

No comments: