Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Happy Blog-sary.

Wow, I've been blogging for a year! :) And it sure was fun. When I started blogging, it was out of 'following orders'. I like the long hand - and yes, I have a great penmanship *bragging grin* that's why I thought I'd write in a journal instead. :) However, with a busy lifestyle, the computer is an easier tool to channel and write my thoughts to - that I resorted to the blog life and reserve my long-handwriting to sending cards and what not. :)

I learned to love blogging because aside from it being an outlet/extension of my thoughts, I 'virtually' met great people - just look at the growing list to the right! :) These are great folks who shared their life stories and thoughts and how nice it is to learn from them.

Aside from my blog turning 1, in the homefront, we turned another milestone too. B & I have been engaged for 3 years! :) YAY!!! It's great to know that despite the storms we have gone thru, we're still happy and great together. We learn new things about each other and better, we are stronger as a duo together too. :)

And in other news, Calgary has been experiencing winterlike conditions lately. Ugh! :( I've been wearing my snowboots because I am dorky in the snow and because I'm just recovering from a bad back, I can't afford to slip and hurt it again! :( With this condition, we knew that our old Pontiac couldn't stand the cold - so we have to retire him. While it still runs, we think that it's probably best to donate it to the Kidney Foundation. We're doing that this weekend.

So yes, we have decided to get the Escape after test driving it over the weekend. It's a good thing that B had a good deal from Metro Ford - right after the Sunbird has seen it's glorier days, we found something else pronto. It's weird having to sit higher (lol) because the SUV is bigger and roomier. :) But, most importantly, we are happier because we are more confident we can reach our destinations safely as our rustic Pontiac then was just too dang noisy and problematic to bring it even to Safeway. lol.

4 comments:

Faye said...

uy happy blog-sary! buti kumakain si B ng adobo?! basta para sakin... masarap sya! haha!

flowerdrumsong said...

Yes, B eats adobo. In fact, that's one of his favorites! ;) Along with adobo, he likes lumpiang shanghai, pancit bihon, afritada. :)

Marj and Carlos said...

Oooh. Glad you remember when you started blogging. Happy Anniversary to you and your blog :D We love the cold weather, mainly because it gives us a lot of reasons to cuddle and generate heat :P

flowerdrumsong said...

Marj: Yes, I started blogging and have learned to embrace it big time. ;) And yes, we love cuddling too!!! hahahaa Hot chocolate while cuddling is even nicer. :) Take care!