I know, it's that time of the year eh? :) Since Halloween is done, everyone now is gearing up for Christmas. Since 2 weeks ago, B's family has been phoning us incessantly on what we want for Christmas and other holiday plans.
Apparently, we're doing sort of an Exchange gift where we draw lots on who we need to buy gift for (except the kids - all kids get presents). Since this is B's sister in law's idea, they did the drawing and B got Kyle (his stepbrother) while I got Kurt (B's bestman/brother). Jeff got B while Ch got me. Man, oh man!!!
Here in Canada, people are big on Christmas stockings. And I mean, STOCKINGS. I remember when we were young, we would put out our school socks by the wall and leave a note to Santa. But, they're just socks and all we ever get there were maybe php50 (if we're lucky) and some Nips (yes, I'm that old! hahaha), flat tops (local milk chocolate, hahaha) and some candy cane. The presents were of course under the tree but stocking stuffers were simple - candies/chocolates/some money.
I complained to B and told him that I don't like spending much during Christmas time. You have to know that his family splurges every year so I think I have to thank Ch for devising this little exhange gift so that we don't need to spend lots of money seeing that we just paid for our wedding and would want to get our first home. So, I guess to keep the in-laws happy as we're headed there this weekend, I'm going to make my list and she can choose what she can give me.
1. Nylons (bare/nude/black/gray)
2. Lip gloss (preferably LUSH!)
3. mitts (or gloves- blue in colour)
4. Barefoot Contessa cookbook (I wish! lol)
5. Cookie and Pastry Press (W-sonoma lol)
6. Nigella Lawson Living Kitchen products (citrus juicer, mezzaluna, cake/cheese plate in blue lol)
That's all I can think of for now. What's in your list?
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i have the Barefoot Contessa cookbook in my wishlist too! i love watching Ina Garten - everything looks easy when she's making them... and her kitchen looks immaculate too!
PIA: I know!!! :) We really have to get together sometime, girl. I'll let you know when we'll visit Vancouver. We love the same stuff! :) Once we got our Ontario getaway uploaded, you'll recognize one Food Network place that we went to! :) That's the other tv show I watch at Food Network but I think their (her) season is done. Talk soon... take care! ;)
Wish ko ang umuwi ng Pilipinas!!! I miss puto bumbong and simbang gabi, ayayay :)
Gala: Awww... you're going home next year anyhow - so you can feast on the puto bumbong and bibingka! ;) That's what I ate the last 2 days we were home!!! :)
PinayNewYorker: Dinna!! :) Bottle of Bailey's sounds good and so are the rest of the ones in your list. :) I'm sure Santa will be nice to you as you have been really great - from the homefront to worklife and of course, being the great mom and wife too! :) Take care...
Post a Comment