Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We are getting there...

Sheesh - after a gruelling 2 weeks (on and off) of trying to get our envelope flaps done - for the RSVP and the main invite, we are almost done. Dang invite envelopes printing are a big pain in the butt!

Flashback to last week: In between the Flames game and a new job for B and getting up really early in the morning, I feel that we have finally accomplished something and we can finally get rid of all the wedding stuff in the house. (Ok, is that good or what?!?!? hahaha) See, with the wedding just being organized by us, (B and me), there is very little window for a wedding-free day/weekend. On the flipside, this process has been very helpful in a way because we each learn teeny weeny bits of patience and a lot of tenacity - especially for B.

His printer has been really temperamental. Sometimes, it would eat up the envelopes, most often than not, it won't! So, having said that, out of the 92 RSVP envelopes, 20 were sent to the garbage and out of the 92 main invite envelopes, we are only able to use (get this!!!) = 25! UGH!!!! We both hate the wastage! :( But, what can you do?????

B came close to really buy a new printer; to asking my next door neighbor/sister to use their brand spanking new HP or ask my bed-resting MOH/sister to do it for us; or use the one that we gave out to his mom - but that means driving all the way to SW.

Solution 1: Buy Avery labels and print it out to go to the main (front) envelopes. UGH!!! NO WAY, Jose! B and I almost had a fist fight about this - because I think it's tacky. I guess if it's office correspondence/card, whatever - fine, I'll accept it. But a wedding invite?!?!? No, no, no, no, no... I totally think it's unacceptable!

Solution 2: Use calligraphy. I was close to biting the bullet. It might just take a couple of days anyway - but my calligraphy pens are 'learning' pens - think Mongol pencil #1 compared to a Cross or MontBlanc. Besides, I can probably do a good job for the first 10 then I'd probably throw in the towel - because I can't write without a guide or 'lines'. Can you imagine a wedding invite where the address is so crooked then we had to erase the pencil-ed lines - smear galore??!!?!

Solution 3: Look for a printer (and get the job order done - maybe Staples). But, can this actually be done?

Solution 4: Take a deep breath, practice with a little old paper, I type, B babysits his printer (meaning, he watches every single envelope that goes in the printer) and hope for the best. This is TENACITY at its best. And finally, we got the last freakin address done! Alleluia! :) Well, except for Darren's address - but that's another story and I won't even go there!!!

So tonight, while B watches for the do-or-die Game 7, I'll be punching holes on the embossed monogram, tie the ribbons and shove the stuff in. Then, I have to get ready for tomorrow's meeting with Jan at St. Joe's - so I have to fix all the paperwork and the ek-ek so she can see what we will use for the big day. Don't forget to bring the camera!!!

No comments: