Last week was supposedly uneventful except for a big panic attack last Thursday evening when B has to rush to his mom's house after S complained that she's feeling pain and numbness on her left side and jawline. It screams, "heart stroke" for me. S cried on the phone telling me that she's scared and that she didn't want to alarm me and her son. I calmly told her, sometimes, you gotta let us worry about you - even if you're the mom. It pays to be safe than sorry - especially that she's not getting any younger. Prevention is better than cure.
S was driven by B to Rockyview where she got treated right away and was put on bed rest until 3am. She was discharged right away after at least 4 hours of monitoring. B was home at almost 11pm but was tossing and turning the whole night. It was his mom afterall. Good thing, it turned out to be not a big thing although the Health Link nurse was suspecting angina earlier.
Friday was good afterall despite the UofC FSA student stood us up. B and I had a quick and healthy dinner at Tastebuds in 5Ave and 8St despite the drizzle of rain. I even had cheesecake (bad!!!!) and I later found out that there was an emergency in her household. So, it worked out that the $30 I should have given her was going to be complimentary because of her no-show! Yay! hahaha :) We watched The Family Stone at home - and while we both were predicting how the story would unfold (it's very predictable - good thing we rented it than spent money in the movie theatre!), we still have a good laugh on it. It's one of those funny/sappy story - good for indoor viewing while sipping tea. :)
Saturday was another busy day. Breakie was veggie and summer sausage omelette then dashed off the door to do our errands. Got Bass sandals after that heart-breaking loss of Naturalizer slip ons (grrrrr!!! why do they ALWAYS not have my size?!?!?!) while B got himself a Kenneth cole sandals too. Yay!!!! :) Stopped by S to have my cornucopia of pants/jeans hemmed (yes, there were 7 pairs!!!). That means, a savings of $56 + GST! :) Gotta love the future MIL for that! hahaha :P Got Sean a Fisher Price toy and a brand new indoor garbage bin for us. Thank goodness for this - I won't have to change it every 2 days!!! Also, found a fantastic deal ($14 + GST) for the 4 disposable cameras which we will use for the wedding rehearsals - while shopping at Zeller's. Had dinner at Imperial Dynasty for Sean Carlo's baptismal reception. Grabe, the whole place was rented!!! Pinoys talaga - parang wedding reception with all the people in that resto - baka they have more guests than ours for our September day! hahaha :)
As we still have some energy, B & I watched Jennifer Aniston's Derailed. My verdict? 7 /10. I like the twists in the movie although, like Sarah Jessica Parker's movie (The Family Stone), we lost interest after we found out how it will end. Very anticlimactic. I don't normally like Clive Owen but for some reason, his portrayal made me hate him/love him at the same time during the movie. And yes, like a true human I am - I did want the villain killed! He is such a bloodsucking guy - I wonder if there are real-life people like this on earth??
Now, speaking of spooky... B & I had the strangest encounter last Saturday just before we went to the reception. We went and stopped by at the Home Depot to get 6 crates of 24x500ml bottled water. HD is not a favorite place for me because it always looked humongous and I always feel small walking down their aisles. As B was leading the way and I was just tugging along, a man (old, grayish hair with weird gray eyes!) stopped on his tracks and stopped to face me and said, "HI!" (in a very weird, scary way!!!) B heard it too and he probably sensed my panic because I didn't get to say anything right away - instead, muttered a quick, and scared Hi back. OMG!!!!!!! B grabbed me by the hand and arms because I looked frazzled and bewildered. Both of us looked at each other with that ??????? expressions. I know, sobrang weird!!!!! You know the feeling of being face to face with a maniac????? I know, I might be misjudging this person - but his stare makes you stoic... kakatakot! B held me because he felt I was trembling - and I'm not usually like that! Ay naku, minsan daming weirdo talaga!
On a separate note, B thinks it's nicer to go to Mass on Saturdays. I agree because at least, you have the whole Sunday for rest. Although, I really don't like the choir pag Sabado - kakabato!
Sunday was hurried. Cooked adobo and pancit the latter for J's as Gerald goes back to work this week - so she won't be worried on what to eat anymore. Joaquin and C rode with us to Citadel to visit J and Gianna as Itoy was at BraggCreek having their teambuilding session. Grabe, Joaquin is so talkative. Non-stop! hahaha Then, off we went to Epcor Centre (Martha Cohen) to watch The Art of Courtship - presented by the University of Calgary's Filipino Students Association. The skit part is boring - but hey, they're not arts & drama students, so very forgivable. But, I'm very impressed with the dance and song routine. They can very well give Bayanihan Dance Troupe a run for their money. The kulintan, gong and piano player was awesome too! B liked it because it's different. Aba, he's even inspired to try the dance. Hello!?!?!?! We'll see about that! :)
Monday, May 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hello weng! Thanks for visiting my blog at donotcallmeginee.blogdrive.com. Yours is very interesting, link kita ha?
I do not tell my local friends here in Edmonton/St. Albert area of this blog. I like the anonimity, esp since I sometimes whine/rage/tell stories about them! I blog with non-Canadian audience in mind. ;-)
Keep in touch!
Bing
Hello Flowerdrumsong,
I apologise for this late response. Thank you for visitng my site. Because of the many works ahead of me preparing for the upcoming school year, I hardly ever visit and update my own blog in weeks.
I am very grateful for the prayers you have offered.
Ad Majorem dei Gloriam.
Bro. Jomari
Post a Comment