Monday, May 08, 2006

Half-awake

I'm that... I want to sleep and have some rest... Is it any wonder why North Americans are always in a hurry and has barely any time to stop and rest? I wonder if the reason for this is because we live in the northern hemisphere of the earth that's why it seems that the days are really shorter than it should be??????

When I was in Manila, it seemed that my life has been on indefinite standstill - you practically had to wish that the hours are faster. But now that I've transplanted myself in the Great White North, ugggggghh - I always wish that time is slower so I can sleep some more, rest some more and have some tiny bits of quiet time more - to think, we don't even have kids yet?!?! Can you imagine the tons of working families (especially women) who had to juggle homelife, careers, spirituality, community service, spousal responsibilities, school (if they're still on it - remember, tons of single moms are upgrading to better themselves), and yes, some ME time!

We start our day at 5:15am. B had to drag me out of bed every single day because he knew that I have a hard time sleeping after a long day while he, can just snooze by one flick of a switch! I feel guilty having to snooze in between my morning routine (yes, while I sit on the white throne) or doing my prayer time before I hit the shower!

We try to be out of the house at about 6:20am max because B has to start work at 7am. I could have been at the gym today but there's no freaking way I will drag myself to the gym when I am barely awake - that's why I feel owl-y today. :(

We had a really packed weekend (as usual!) that started Friday night. I finally finished the sprucing of the invites. They are ready to be sent. I called it a night at 1am!

Prior to this and in between watching Numb3rs at Global and ribbon-tying, I had a phone call from Manitoba - well, at least a 204 area code was showing on the phone. It was my cousin Bong - and I had a sudden chill on the spine because I knew that if he phones that they're probably in town (in Alberta) because their little boy has to have surgery. So, I was right! He is in Edmonton (3 hours away from Calgary) with his wife and their little boy! (More on this later). After a good half an hour talk, I knew in my heart, we have to forge our way to the capital city and see them.

Saturday was supposedly our spring cleaning day. But B had to see his eye doctor and he always wanted me to come to choose his new eye frames/lenses. Good thing it was just near our area (Deerfoot Mall) so after cooking the beef that's been marinating, we went to DM and ordered his new eyeglasses, bought soft toys for little Aidan and went back home before Gerald gets to pick up B for their tee time at Inglewood.

B was dang excited going out for his first golf of the year while I had been trying to do the spring cleaning which turned out to be not any close to anything but just a laundry day. Joaquin and mom came to the house at about 2:30pm, we played a bit, fed him with cheese and crackers before he dumped everything on the floor... hahaha

After they left, I had to prep the clothes as we are headed to Edmonton that night. Yes, we left as soon as B had a quick shower from his golf (which he won by 2 strokes over Gerald) and started heading north at 7pm! We got to Devon at 9:45pm and chatted up a storm with C as she's super excited (or envious?!?!?!?!?!) of how our wedding planning timelines have been progressing. I won't belabour this as I still get really irked on how she's trying to be her manipulative self and realize that if there's anyone I'd like to talk to about wedding planning - it's definitely not her because she is just so much of a drama queen - and we have enough drama in our lives already!!!! B and I almost rolled our eyes on her when she just kept asking questions from wedding day timelines to car-pooling / limo riding passengers to hiring-a-nanny-for a day to honeymoon destinations. THAT'S WHY WE HAVE WEDDING REHEARSALS - for fricks' sake! Shit, she even hinted they wanted to visit Ontario too as they've been there before. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO - fuckin crazy girl! Who the hell cares?????? So what if we are going to To, NF, Niagara on the Lake and will do some shopping/touristy thing, spa-ing, golfing, wine tasting (if we do decide on this) and stage play watching. Does she really care or she's just comparing AGAIN???????? She probably realize that even though I'm not a native of Canada (unlike them) - I have gone hell and high waters on my research and that they're crazy envious that we have some heck of an itinerary for the week stay we plan to have. Hockey Hall of Fame has been a subject of contention - because apparently it's not a place for couples. ohmyfuckingosh, will someone sedate this crazy loonie?

See, that's why I don't to get started on it. She just drive me and B bonkers to the max!!!!!!!

I better end here because I have better things to write and that would be a full page for that sweet little angel we have seen and visited yesterday and what a ray of sunshine he is! Little Aidan, we love you!

No comments: