Consciousness
In the presence of my loving Creator,
I look honestly at my feelings over the last day,the highs, the lows and the level ground.
Can I see where the Lord has been present?
http://www.sacredspace.ie/dailyprayer.jsp?lang=en&date=16&month=5&year=2006&version=full
This is my 'stop' mode. In the spiralling events of our lives, I need to be where I should consciously be. Now.
I was frustrated because in my heart - I just need to do one thing - and that's receive the Sacrament of Matrimony with my chosen one, B. But, the external, frivolous things surrounding the event is what causes my heart sink. Why can't there be just the wedding without all the frou-frou? Was our Blessed Mother so involved with the preparations that she missed the importance of being together with St. Joseph then? I don't think so - or at least, not in the recorded sacred testimonies in the Bible.
I'm tired - the running around is not enjoyable. It does give you a high - but lately, it's been a negative one because our weekends are always swamped with activities - we don't get the chance to rest and rejuvinate. Didn't the God Almight rested on the 7th day???? Well, we don't necessarily get that at all. Maybe because God has always kept things simple - while men always love belabouring things and make things complicated.
Where is God in our man-made chaos? I think He has always been there - in the beauty of our flowers that has sprung well and beautifully in our small garden. I say, He's probably there because that's when I truly devoted some quiet time - while watering and hosing down our patch - all 15 minutes of it. God is present in the small patch where despite the weeds growing in and seeping into the fertile soil, the very vibrant purples and pinks (that took so long in blooming) of our tulips are replacing the yellows and the oranges that have now wilted.
God is there still in my designer's voice - who after our online fitting still was very encouraging despite the chaos of her rebuilding and adding space to her new shop. Yes, this was a low point for me because it was late and I don't know a darn thing about fitting. But Veluz has been calm, collected - patient. And yes, it is not even over yet. I still have lots of girls to round up and rally together so that we look nice on the day when I'll profess love to B and seek grace to God on the 16th of September.
Finally, I found God in level ground with my B - who hugged me tight after my stress has finally sunk in with all the things associated with the wedding planning.
Thank you Lord for consciousness. I had a good sleep last night. I have a good resolve to see you more everyday in the most trivial or unimportant things (to man's eyes) because only when I look close enough do I see the real colours of life. Amen.
Tuesday, May 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment