Now, having been a transplant for over 4 years now, I find that tilapia - while I can buy them 'fresh' (meaning, they're still swimming and breathing), my Caucasian husband could not for the life of him, come to terms with the idea of having it caught and sold to us. (He finds it unhumane and he could not get past the fact that once the tilapia is cooked, the 'eyes' were still there - so you can guess that in our household, the fish is always head-less or I get to be the one eating the 'ulo'.) lol
Anyway, I digressed. In Canada, it seems that the most popular 'fish' in town is salmon. And, you know - when someone says, I eat fish - you can bet it's that pinkish fish that has a great flavour. :)
But how many ways can you cook salmon!??! I can do the sinigang but hubby won't eat it - so, I'm relegated to either baking, grilling, broiling and that's it. Good thing, there's Food Network. Giadda De Laurentis showed us a no-fuss, easy (Italian) way of making salmon (it's pan-fried in olive oil) with peas and onion stock. It's delicious and done in 10 minutes!
2 comments:
hmm... salmon sinigang? won't it have a funny aftertaste?
Good suggestion but unfortunately hubby is not very fond of the "sour" soup. :(
Post a Comment