Anyway, like I was writing here... I love when there are certain 'looks' of a place. And today, I'll talk about house numbers. I don't know - but I feel that if you invested so much in your place (it's not cheap, afterall) - why don't you take it a step further and make your home truly your own?
So, where we're going to live, the community should be reminiscent of English country. The welcome banner is tree-lined with lilacs. You'd see once you get in the 'gate' that the club/hall somehow alludes to what you can find in our area. The design is subdued but is worth a recall - just like you'll find in the area of Tuscany in the NW.
Because of the 'theme' of the community, I've been bugging B to consider enhancing our facade with this:
I'm kind of leaning towards the 2nd from top, right side the one that reads "9580". The ones at the very top have "lights" (notice the little 'cap' above it?) and I think it's useless for us considering that we have a wee house - so, we can do without it. However, B likes the 2nd to the last row, left side (the one that reads "456") that looks like a breadbox in shape with a filigree. It looked a bit rustic in appearance but the filigree 'swish' design is quite nice actually. The 'shape', I'm not so crazy about it.
So, what do you think will be your choice? The ones at the very bottom is not in our option because it didn't have the 'english' effect. Apparently, everything here has to be pre-ordered so we haven't made our decision yet.
Besides, we still would want to measure the place where we would hang it - to be sure. Let's hear what you have to say on your choice, ok?
4 comments:
hi W! i like your choice too...very english...will you have picket fences??...i liked the 1st one on the right side too...it would probably look good at night when it's lighted..=)
S! :) white picket fences - we're thinking about that but everything right now is still in the drawing boards. i'll keep you posted once we're sure that we're going to do it. thanks for the vote! that's 2 vs 1 (b likes the breadbox shape bec. he thinks it's quite unique.) lol take care, girl!
Before your comment regarding the English look I was leaning towards the bottom ones. I'd go for the middle ones, the 361 or 38, only because it reminds me of those signs from England.
Marj! :) Thanks for stopping by. Ohhh - you are the 'other perspective' on here! ;) I will consider that as I like the 'rounded' shape than the box-y/squarish type. Take care and I hope for your safe delivery. :)
Post a Comment