I promise not to write what happened during the wedding that will make our blood boil. So, I'm skipping that - but I will have to write here that in between the Mass and the drive (1.5 - 2 hours) to the reception area, there were food!!! So, yep - we had spring rolls and crab dips along with tuna canapes.
Checked in at the hotel at exactly 3pm. It's a good thing we got Priority Club membership - we didn't have the hassle to wait - afterall, we still have 1.5 to 2 hours of drive. It shouldn't be a problem had we not have a 1 year old in tow - who at 3pm should really be napping - not driving down the I-5 for 2 hours (in fact, it was more like 2.5 hours because one car in the highway had an engine blow up - right in the middle of a busy interstate road!)
Finally, arrived at the end of Blaine. Semiahmoo Resort was literally the last place you will have to drive up to - and the friggin' tent area is in a roundabout (rough) road - good thing I changed into sandals instead of my 3" shoes!!!! So yeah, we were almost an hour late because NOBODY can tell us where to go. No directions, no nothing. Enough said.
What was left of what should have been appies, was a small brie with puff pastry, some strawberry and grapes and punch. Our boys were not very happy campers because their steak was overdone (our Alberta boys like their steaks medium rare or medium well) and it was probably about 6 oz. - not good when you have to drive for 2 hours and the salad served was greens with blue cheese. So, what was short in the food - they made up for the booze. They had 5 Bud light + champagne; while I drowned my hunger with 3 glasses of White Zin, 2 glasses of Champagne and lots of water.
Went home at 10:30 in what seemed like a long ways home. We are looking forward to tomorrow - golf for the boys, shopping for the gals.
No comments:
Post a Comment