Friday, July 27, 2007

Finer details.

Part of the thrill and nerve-wracking experience of building a house is in making choices for its interior. You bet, my new favorite tv shows now include HGTV's Design Inc, Sarah's House, DesignStar, etc.

While I think I have at the very least, a decent taste with clothes and design - I find it overwhelming to really choose one that is 'permanent' in nature - in a very huge investment piece - a house.

So, while ours was a spec home, and many people frown at that idea - because to some, the perfect way to building a house is choosing EVERYTHING by you. To my hubby and I, it was not a big deal. We're building our first home - that's the main thing. And, it's not like we can't make our own stamp on it; we're just trying to make this as least stressful as it should be.

Here are some of our selections:

Carpet and paint colour: We did not choose the berber-type of carpet. As our house is going to be high traffic and with the expectation of having a baby or two (whoa!!!) in the next few years, berber carpet won't suit us. Besides, I have a stepmom-in-law who have nothing but complaints about their berber carpet (and in just their sitting room at that!) Enough said.

The wall paint will be in Desert Castle/Museum by General Paint.



Here is the trio of colours for the floor. Vinyl is in the slate-ish type colour. The vinyl will be in the kitchen, dining and bath areas. Carpet on everything else.


For the kitchen backsplash, the tiles we're going to have are these:


I think we made some fine selections, didn't we? :)


No comments: