Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fall is almost here! :)

And it's 17 more sleeps to our altar date! :)

Yes, I'm excited - after being engaged for 3 years and prepping for this for over a year, darn right, I'm excited! hahaha :)

Thanks to all of you ladies who left me with your greetings! :) Sorry, I'm not good with those chatbox - I barely have time to 'tend' to the blog - so, thanks so much for leaving me a trail and a greeting thru the comment box! :)

Now, for a more exciting story - last Saturday was my bridal shower and B's stag. He dropped me off the house last Friday while I laboriously worked on the misalette and menu details. B had an early Saturday event - golfing with his bestman, his dad and Uncle from Cochrane.

While I, on a Saturday morning, found my blank periwinkle teapot designed Michael's card and thought, I better make a small note for our wedding rehearsals. I know it's redundant - but really, we want to give them 'hard copy' of the invite because people are prone to forgetfulness. (Ok, let's not go there because this is supposedly a happy entry...) :)

My sister C drove me to my MoH's house in the NW. And I was flabbergasted! Wow, the house was adorned with beautiful wedding bells and balloons with matching periwinkle flower banner. :) From the doorway, you can have a waft of the spring rolls freshly made by my folks and the lasagna too. In one corner was the chinese take out boxes as favours. Awesome! :) There were probably 5 or 6 fortune cookies inside too! :)

At exactly 12 noon, Sharon (MIL) arrived and closely behind her was Auntie Edna. They have humungous gifts and they were neatly wrapped. By about 12:15pm, Ch arrived with Barb (stepmom of B) and we were all busy as a bee doing the welcome committee thing and of course, hoping that everyone arrives then because I was getting hungry! hahaha

The Pinoy friends arrive late - as usual. But, what was equally funny was - they brought in the party crashers. They came with their men. Hmmm... that's ok actually because it was a good thing that my bro in law (G) was not too far from the house after he left for a golf game. Erwin came from SanFo and Paul was a tag-along because he drove his girls to the shower. So, they were shoved to the basement for their poker game!

MoH and SS were the hostesses. They prepared 5 games for the day. The first was a word hunt - which was won by Sharon; then, a scratch and win - won by Sharon again, a Bridal Bingo - won by Tet, word scramble - won by Sharon (for the 3rd time!!!) then the final Blockout Bridal Bingo - won by Ch and MeAnne. Auntie Edna won the What did the Bride wear? memory game. Barb won the lucky draw.

After the games, came the gift opening. And boy, it felt like Christmas but this time, my helpers were my MoH and MIL - so I can be sure to thank everyone who came bearing their shower presents. I have a multitude of gifts - and they were mostly from our gift registry. How very generous of them to follow the Rooms-of-the-House theme. Out of everything that I got, B was totally ecstatic with the yellow nighty and boa! hahahaa (Go figure!) :)

Amanda who couldn't come, sent a beautiful Body Shop strawberry gift pack. OMG! B was doing his song and dance routine when he saw it! hahaha

My day ended at about 5:30pm - having to chitchat with my party crashers (lol) and tried to play catch up with other friends. Everyone is telling me that the countdown is on - when hello, my countdown started 3 months prior to! hahaha

B, on the other hand, had a busy, active day. After his golf game, they went to the NW bar by Beddington to celebrate his last few days of singlehood. They played several rounds of pool (billiards) and was thrown into a dancing spree with 2 girls - who my brother in law described as, really plus size - and thank goodness, B is drunk and was being a good sport - otherwise, I don't think he'd bother dancing with these girls - rant.

Funny because the following day (Sunday), when B arrived (he, Brian and Kurt stayed at a hotel after the stag), B said he had fun - save for the dance routine with 2 big girls who for some reason, realized that it was his stag - and was asking him (take note, ASKING) him to go for fun. Oh my!!!! B was spewing F words all over - he felt insulted and told me that the last girl who wanted to have a shag showdown was really such a loser. Yikes!!! Why do women go to that extent!?!??! No wonder HIV is predominant in North America.

I asked him, what did you do? He said, I walked out of that stupid girl and told her that I'm getting married - she can go F someone else! Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!

I was bugging him, is that the reason why y0u're holding me so tight?!??!! :) He said, yes, hun. I missed you so much! And thank God, I'm marrying you!!!

Awwwwww... so, for a limited time, you can check out the bridal shower pictures here:

http://tan-nystrom.weddingannouncer.com (Photo Albums)

Enjoy!

No comments: