I have resorted to a longer prayer time and meditation. These week and days that passed was very chaotic and prayer has always been a very good stress-reliever for me.
I don't know any bride who is not stressed a few weeks before their big day. In all honesty, I thought I'd be exempt. But boy, am I wrong in several degrees!!!!
If you know me enough, you know that I have a tendency to react in a quick fashion especially if it's about picking holes. One of my challenges is that I am vocal and can be highly opinionated if you ask me for opinions/feedback. But, I also am GOOD with keeping things to myself - because I like peace in all aspects. Having said that, I am trained to keep my mouth shut if I know that it's not going to help or if in doubt, I keep silent. Unless, my conscience bothers me.
See, sometimes, there's a very thin line between telling (off) the truth and staying quiet for peace-sake. My bottomline always is: what I think is the higher good is what I'll go for - which I tell you, is not always an easy task to process - because one's value is not always the same as yours. So, where do you draw the line?
As I grow older, I realize that there are things better left unsaid. It's better that way. Besides, not everyone appreciates TMI (too much information). But I guess everyone likes truth - at least, with me - even if it will hurt, I'd say, "bring it on!".
I hesitate before I say something - especially if it will hurt - UNLESS he/she asks me to. See, I'm not a good liar. Someone said to me, even if you OPTED not to say something - it shows. Maybe because I don't like to hide truth. And yes, it did cause me trouble - but you know what, small troubles are good - because you learn from it.
I learned too that non-verbals speak more. Actions do speak louder than words. Silence is golden - especially if it's meant to create peace.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
thanks for sharing your thoughts. i realized a lot from this post.
Faye: You're welcome. :) Sometimes, I get introspective and I just type away. Thanks for appreciating the entry and hope things are well with you. Take care! :)
Ana: Agreed!!! :) You know, it's harder to keep quiet than interject a smart a@@ comment! :P I keep saying, don't dare me - coz I CAN talk! ;) Thanks for the prayers - we definitely need that!!! :) Take care!
Post a Comment