Do you remember this night-time hit show? Calista Flockhart spiralled to great success after she was showcased as the lead star of this tv night-show.
Like Ally - me, my friends and a whole gamut of ladies I know can definitely relate with her. She's a gal who loves to the fullest, smart albeit silly and not-so-headstrong afterall - and always, had a great company of friends in Renee.
Tuesday nights were Ally nights in our household. Funny that all 3 of us (my other sister is already in Canada then) would stay glued to the tv - but the worst is me, I sat on the bed - watching with a pen in my hand - because I really do 'write down' the quotes of Ally! hahaha
The reason being - we tackle the episode the following morning with my MTED friends - particularly, Jane, Karen, Elaine, Mitch, Bing, Ces and sometimes, Au-dee - if she's home and able to watch it. You know the interesting thing about it too is that - the 'discussion' (we call it our FGD hahaha - focus group discussion) also involves our male friends. Meaning, it's not just a 'girl' thing.
So, what's the point of this entry? :) Nothing extraordinary I guess. This entry came about because I miss my MTED friends. Like Ally whose circle of friends was close-knit and involved people in her work-life, mine too was like that.
I miss having to talk to people of my wave-length - those who will not judge you outright because they know me better.
I miss sharing passionate opinions with people - other than my sisters and B.
I miss hearing different points of view, rebutt and agree to disagree on some points - but still carry a very respectful stance with one another; and still go out to Glorietta or Greenbelt or wherever the group decides to go for a night out.
I miss Von's, Ray's, "I"'s, Francis', Erick's, Nald's or John's points of view - because although they tease us to no end - the male point of view counts a lot in matters of love and life.
Most of all, I miss the laughter, the tears (yes, there were tears!!!) and of course, the great camaraderie we all have in our small ALAI world in MTED.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment