We're getting there... thank goodness! After a gruelling week, I would like to think that the worst has passed and while I do believe in Murphy's law, I have a bigger faith in the Omniscient one - who is a Miracle Worker and always, the only strength any human needs.
This blog has been my outlet for all the unspoken words. B has been a tremendous help but I know he feels very disappointed whenever he sees me getting stressed so I try to put a brave front for him and try as much to keep my cool over the things that have been happening with regard to wedding planning.
We finally got the gowns. And yes, duties are paid - thanks to the stupid couriers who mixed the contents in the boxes. I phoned the designer when I learned about the mix up - and no, I don't blame her - afterall, I know that she has been truthful all along. When the courier person shut the lids of the boxes, they probably didn't bother checking the actual contents. Grr!!! Isn't that their job?!?!?! But all is well - everything is accounted for - except for the shawl that was supposed to have been sent. Good thing my youngest sister is leaving later - the shawls can still be given out to the girls.
Mom arrived last Thursday - amidst all the hoopla caused by the foiled terrorist attempts in UK and US. Thank God she arrived in one piece!
Friday was good because we finally sampled our meals! Yay!!!! :) We also met the Executive chef - who was really very attentive to everything. We are definitely going to have halibut and chicken and of course, carved beef. (We HAVE to have beef - we're in Alberta!!!) The sampling of the salad was also good - marinated salad in vinegrette and rottini spinach salad with feta. We also have narrowed down the choices of the cocktails. We're having Jade (East) and Chocolate Kiss (West). We ditched the Singapore sling. It wasn't as nice because the Grenadine cherry tasted like cough syrup. Yuck! :( The sample dessert was also good. Trifle in blueberry wasn't that sweet which was a surprise!!! Apple Strudel with a strawberry garnish too is awesome! We just had the raisins taken out of the recipe because B doesn't like raisins. Now, we can finally move on and work on our menu stuff.
Yesterday was quite a day too. We first went to our dental appointments and got our prophylaxis. We're asked to come back for the other dental work but that's alright because for the first time, we found dental professionals (from the hygienists to the doctor) who truly cares and shares a passion on having healthy teeth and gums. It's weird because all throughout my time in Manila, I thought having dentists based in Makati Med affords me the 'expertise' - but, I was obviously mistaken. The points told by the people yesterday made sense - so, we're very glad that we got Pinoy dentists and hygienists giving us a full lecture on the correct oral care. We even have matching freebies! :)
As we were in Chinook already and with a gift certificate for Cineplex, B cajoled me into watching a movie. The last movie we saw was Memoirs last December! Yikes! So, it's very timely that we found World Trade Centre being played in the cinema too.
If you guys plan to watch it, I tell you - bring a box of Kleenex. The last time I cried that much was when I saw Passion of Christ. It's hard to re-live the memory but there is something redeeming and peaceful about it - no matter how heart-wrenching it is. Oliver Stone captured it well - without getting too theatrical or dramatic. I guess, that's the reason why we liked it. It's as TRUE as it can get.
The parting words of Sgt. McLaughlin in the credits alluded to this: In September 11, we saw humans unite. Heck, there was evil, sure - but more importantly, there were people who rose up, stepped up, risked their lives for the GOOD. And we have to remember that.
And I guess that's how we should always look at our lives. There is MORE GOOD than there is EVIL. And in the end, the good ALWAYS prevails.
Sunday, August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment