So, for those of you who have tied the knot and was organizing most (if not all) of the wedding details (because in our case, we're not hiring a coordinator/planner), do you find that most of the stress that is caused by the event is beyond your control?
B and I try our darn-est to stay positive. We're older (hopefully, more mature) so we normally just don't panic if something turns out differently. However, with several events spinning out of (our) control, we have tried to step back and deal with these situations as professionally, patiently, and as prayerfully as we can. Yes, at these times when decisions and circumstances are not totally (and 100%) ours, all we can do is sit back, (stew a little - that's me!) and hope for the best.
Our 'special circumstances' are turning out to be a spider-web of things. The ramifications of one or more circumstances are just trying our patience and character. I thought, after that meltdown with our reception-venue, that was the last of it. Obviously, I'm wrong. Here's why:
1. Fr. K is out. Fr. A is in. We are set to meet him up next week - and I'm hoping that he would be kind enough to acknowledge and allow what has been approved in principle by the original priest because to NOT do so is a complete scrapping of our Filipino wedding traditions. Add to that, Fr K approved all the EXCEPTIONS - that I will walk on a 'separate' bridal march, that we will have 'extra ceremonies', that we will have kid attendants below the age of 5. And I guess, with Fr. K being away on sabbatical, there will be no 'magic' show for the kids and us. :(
2. The gown delivery. While quality wise there has been no problems - everything is pretty and wearable, the big stinger was that, it's being held at the Customs office in YYC right now. The reason: the labels are WRONG! Therefore, suspicious! The contents of Box A are not what they said they were. All the contents of B are what was written in the Box A. Then, the declaration of the monies were in USD. Well, consequently - the boxes were sent to Texas for customs and now, we're being asked to pay duties. There's no problem with paying for duties - I guess that's inevitable. It's just too much of a hassle having 2 recipients go thru the runaround brought about by this. (The 2 recipients were not us - simply because the courier requires SIGNATURES and because we both work full time, we had to ask someone else to receive them on our behalf.) In the past, we NEVER had any problems having stuff courier-ed to us - even to different recipients. So, it boggles me to no end why this was the case with the gowns. Could it be that they look expensive than the ones we got before?
Prior to delivery too, we had problems securing the fitting garment for one of my girls. Twice, my cousin's garments NEVER arrived. She, being US-based and her area is in quite a metropolis, dang package did not reach her! I have her made-to-order gown now for lack of time, but I'm not sure if it's a perfect fit because there was no garment prior to this, nor was there a fitting at all.
So, is it Canada Post or the US Post? Or just a case of misaligned stars in the planet? You know when people say, oh, your lucky stars says... blah,blah,blah... Looks like my stars are also in big hibernation because all we have are fires to put off - left and right!
I really hope everyone's measurements are still good. I don't want to be bothered with alterations anymore. Not with 4 weeks left and frankly, I don't give a damn because I feel that I've extended wayyyyyyy too much to accommodate these things. Last time I checked, I'm the bride - shouldn't I be the one being fussed over?
3. The saga of a missing tux measurement. We were ready to drop T off the list. Then, the phone call (actually, a voicemail on our landline) telling us that there is a measurement - but just not going to be sent via email. I just shook my head when I learned about this at 11pm last night. I told B, you know - I admire your patience. I guess T only works on a 'last chance' basis that's why he left you a voicemail and has not even bothered to phone you at work or in your cell when he has these data as well. I told B, it's his call. And B, being a good person that he is, is still giving him that last chance - because apparently, there is a measurement afterall. So I guess, we can deduce that he's coming too because up to now, there is no RSVP from him and his gf at all???
These things are a trap. Really, nothing you can do about it (I guess except #3 but my husband-to-be is almost a saint by being patient) but take this with a grain of salt. What in the world is happening? I keep telling myself that maybe, this just has to happen so that we can go back and laugh about it later on. But really, I can use more humour without these glitches! Ugh!
So there... they say things come in threes. I had my 3s! Now, I hope the better things come and overshadow these - because hey, it's supposed to be our day - and in our books, weddings are supposed to be fun, happy moments! I guess whoever said that forgot to write about the process before you get to the fun part.... *sigh*
End rant.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment