Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Joy of Another Day.

We all love long weekends. In a 2-person household and both are employed full-time, the chores are relegated to the weekends - including eating a scrumptious breakfast. Can you relate? :)

Since our body clocks are adjusted to a 5:45am wake up time, getting up at 7:15 on a Saturday is a delight! And because I'm up first before B, I do the cooking unless he thinks that it's Pancake Weekend - in which case, he does the cooking. (He makes wayyyyy better pancakes than me, I don't know why?!?!)

Saturday and Sunday were devoted to working on our wedding favours, as well - our candle centrepieces. We are on the low-side on the tables - just candles and blue hydrangea in an aluminum pail is what we hope to have. Afterall, our favours will be on the tables + Heather's fortune cookie too. I did spend a lot of time working on the glue seal... it's a good thing that I have had some practice with it when I sent my girls' cards before. It should have been a breeze although, the tricky part is attaching them to the ribbon! Thank goodness for double-sided tapes! :)

Then, came the waterbottle templates. They were a joy!!! (We absolutely love it!!!) B was doing all the cutting and yes, we had to get a new Fiskar's one from Michael's because we almost broke the one from B's mom! I could have used our shears - but can you imagine me cutting all those labels - I might get a sore from doing such! hahaha So far, I have finished a crate of 35 bottles and 1 crate of 24 - 4 more crates of 24!!! :)

B also has finished painting our LOVE letters. Yay!!! Tonight, we're going to see Jan to submit the Marriage License and hopefully, she can let us know for sure about the new priest who will officiate our wedding! :)

Last Sunday, we also went grocery shopping for the out-of-town bags. We hope to get everything set - they're all non-perishables anyway - but we think that stocking them up right now is our safest bet.

RSVP tracking is a pain. B is starting to go groomzilla because T STILL has not gotten his measurements! :( B is normally cool about it - but now, I guess he is realizing that his men is still incomplete with the tuxes! Worse, T and his gf still has not RSVP-d, so are they coming or not?!?!?

Today, he said to me that he might consider dropping T off the list. He sounded hurt considering that he really values T as a friend. Could T just acting like a guy or was he sending subtle hints? I told B not to get paranoid. I know how bad he must feel about T not even doing something about it - but, he can always replace him with someone else - who is equally dedicated and concerned about his (our) day.

Tomorrow is another day. And maybe, there's something new and joyful in store.

3 comments:

alynn said...

naku sis, if you don't feel that T is not dedicated then drop him! i felt the same way when hubby and i were calling his bestman and he always told us that hes busy...THEN, came wedding day, he didn't show up!hubby kept texting him and then he text back and told hubby that his wife is nagtatampo cuz its their wedding anniversary daw that day...he was asked to choose daw kung yung kasal namin or his wife...i was so mad...i told hubby if that's the case, why did he said yes when he was asked to be the bestman...grrr...kainis!i dont want to see that man...

o diba napahaba kwento ko?hehehe....=P

flowerdrumsong said...

hi girl! :) i know... i didn't want to fan the fire but i know that if he STILL don't respond AT ALL this weekend, he has to go... it's just too sad because B considers him one of his best pals around... i guess some people just don't care eh? :( how are you? hope things are good at the 'peg! :)

Faye said...

i hope you can settle the issue with T. i know B will like him to be there based on your post. T just has to be honest so you can still look for a replacement.