Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Being productive and all that wish-list

So, the weekend has come and gone and I was not able to put in writing the significant things that happened last week - well, apart from the Chichay adventure which wasn't fun at all!!!! (which reminds me, we still don't have the dang 'new' washer!)

Anyway, Friday was a great joy for me! After mulling over and spending countless hours looking at the site, I finally mustered some courage and braved Birks. Yes, I got that multi-strand necklace!!! (I really wanted the bracelet and am still waiting for that online response to date but the lady from Birks said that they don't have the style I like, oh well...) So, off I went - literally humming because the multi-strand necklace is a real winner!!! :) (For the price I paid, heck - yeah! lol)

Saturday, I decided to make quick phone calls to prospective nail salons. As I can't find anything decent and not knowing for sure how much they'll charge me, I discovered Advance Salon at Sunridge Mall and Liza did my french polish for just $25!!! Yipee!!! :) Then, we proceeded to the new wing and bought a cheap (sale!!!) Below the Waist jeans and had it altered on the same day too! :)

We also went to Mass that Saturday because we knew that Sunday is going to be pretty hectic. And, we finally went to do our laundry - in Christine's house.

Sunday. At about 0945, B got a phone call - and guess what?!?! Dang Leanne Baskin cancelled out on me due to some sort of an emergency. Holy crap! Yes, cancel that dang make up appointment less than 2 hours than the supposed time - where in the world can I find someone who can take ANY appointment on a Sunday when the shoot is going to be at 1300?????? Sheesh! Talk about service - or lack thereof!

So, we trooped to Downtown and hoped against hope that someone can take me in - Angles, Merle Norman, heck - even Holt's! But any of these stores don't open till 1200! Shitttt!!!!! B and I probably walked from HBC to the Eaton Centre a good 5 times on my 3-inch boots! OMG! My feet was killing me - to think, the shoot has not started! :(

Finally, I went back to HBC and found out that Chandra (my Clinique contact) has left! Jeepers!!! And of course, whoever took over won't give me the same concession that she used to do for me. So, off to MAC counter I went and good thing that Charlotte was there to happily do my face provided I buy at least $40 worth of their products. And, I was so happy with it that I bought about $68 worth of MAC - which eventually, gave us a free parking ticket validation! lol

At 1345, Tere finally came to do our shoot! :) She seemed more of a tourist to Downtown and was happily snapping away with her camera flash as she made us do really fun (albeit, cheesy! hahahaha) stuff. And surprisingly, B had fun doing all of it. I really hope that the pictures turn out nice!!!

And because we have been bitten by the camera bug, we tried more stuff at Crescent Heights for our own versions of sweet poses! haha

At 1730, we were home - and we worked on the Christmas decorations! Everything is up and running - well, almost - except for the gifts that should go under the tree! :)

Next up... wish list!!! :)

No comments: