
Last Friday (November 11th) is Remembrance Day. As I've not been here long enough to compare past celebrations, I'd still dare say that what little I've seen on TV yesterday is one that is very moving and emotional. Veterans, in wheelchairs, some walking steadily despite limping or hunched - these are the people who made sure we have a taste of FREEDOM. In Manila, we also celebrate and commemorate the people who fought in the wars and that happens on the 30th of November, Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Bravery).
After watching the ceremony, B and I went to Home Outfitters in Sunridge Mall to set up our bridal registry. Michelle, the HO sales person is very helpful - albeit, a tad chatty... :) But, oh - so informative, friendly and really did went the extra mile! :) My FH was so happy doing the rounds for our registry...
At 2:00pm, we decided to round up our first attempt of bridal registration and headed to Joey Tomatoes at Barlow Trail as we were so famished! B was so happy with his steak sandwich that we swore, we should go back to JT again! (Talk about being a happy customer eh?) I had chicken souvlaki (mmmmm.... I was transported back home for that Cafe Mediterranean gyros experience) and both B and I had desserts too! I had a warm apple pie - soooooo delicious and B had chocolate souffle - dang, who's watching calories here?!?!?!
Now, as if that's not enough... we trekked the Deerfoot Meadows to Ikea... It's their 1st year anniversary in the new location - and yes, you guessed it right, we bought 2 major stuff again! (Note to myself: leave your Visa in the house!!!) And while shopping at Ikea,
I got a phone call from Malet - she found a new job! Thanks be to God! :) My good friend is pretty happy now that she found a new employer - her accounting wizardry is not going to rot this time and she will get less stressed! What's even better - the new office is just a stone's throw for their place! Very, very good indeed! :)At 4:00pm, Jing phoned me wondering if we want to drop by Country Hills to meet up with the girls and their SOs for a sendoff to Mary Anne. Dinner at Applebee's, 7pm. So, to kill time - we went to Market Mall. Geez, from NE to SE to NW... lol... no wonder our gas is always done in a week's time! B got himself a crisp, nice purple-dress shirt from Banana Republic! Oh, my honeybunny is soooo good lookin! :) So - good for him, he got himself his Christmas party outfit while I, didn't get anything! :(
And oh... we searched for those dang luggage tags + passport holders, and there's none - both in Roots and Banana Republic. :( So, I wonder where I can get those for sure??!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment