Monday, November 14, 2005

Pondering my day...

Yesterday on our way to St. Joe's, B specifically asked me to slow down as we went in a huff to get to the church on time. He said, it's still 5 to 5 - so, we should not hurry - besides, he doesn't like to do anything 'extra' for church... I smiled and quipped, Ya think? :)

As we got near the church entrance, John (a very diligent greeter who's normally with his wife Michelle-but we didn't see her yesterday) approached us, shook our hands and popped the question - Oh guys, are you able to help us during the collection? I looked at B (with a sly smile suggesting - I told you so!!!) and we both said, Sure! :)

Now, at the Liturgy of the Eucharist, John pulled me aside and asked me, could you also offer the gifts? (I knew it was coming... coz B said that he's ok to do collections but not to walk to offer the gifts - he doesn't like the attention) - so, there, wham! 2-things in a row in one same day...

It's a very small thing, actually. But it bugs me no end - that's why I'm even blogging it. It's true that when the Lord picks and appoints you, there's no escaping. When B said, NO and the Lord says YES - who wins? Makes me think how small I am and how powerful He really is.

Lately, in my quiet times, He speaks to me - He knows what's troubling my crazy mind and I know that He will deliver - because He is God and everything is subject to Him. Amen and Amen.

No comments: