Today is Wednesday - and it snowed yesterday! Last night, we were bracing for flurries - but before we hit the sack, guess what we saw outside our window? White fluffy stuff all over!
Snow is amongst us!!!! I guess you can't avoid it - it's almost winter and there are barely any leaves left on the trees... but, you wonder - can you delay it???? I have yet to learn to love the cold. I've only lived here for almost 3 years - I guess that's still good. After all, I don't live in NWT, right? Where their normal high during winter is what, -5? OMG!!!
Then again, I love Calgary - we live near the mountains, we get Chinooks (yes, that warm wind has a name!!!) although it's also the dang chinook that causes my migraine but heck, I'll take it for warmer times.... Calgary is also a melting pot. You see people of different colours and they are generally nicer (compared to those of bigger cities, I heard.)
So, what's the point of this chronicle? Nothing. I detest the ice - just because I have to learn how to glide and not be scared of skidding - but I love where I am. It was my choice to get uprooted and start somewhere else. That didn't mean though that I'll forget where I came from - because I'll always be Pinay whereever I am. But, this place is home. And although this is still an uncharted territory - I'm fine with that - because living is not about predictions, it's an adventure, a drama waiting to unfold, a discovery yet to unravel. :)
Wednesday, November 02, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment