
Last Friday, the girls after-office dinner commenced again. We went to Moxie's at Chinook SW as it was Gale's choice... Guess who we saw while waiting for our turn to be seated? Janice! Yikes - of all people... anyway, it was a good time - Kathy drove us all to Moxie's and my hunny picked me up at 7pm! :)
I dragged B (my sweetie) to two prospective stores for our gift registries. It has always been a constant battle on which 'reasonable' stores we should consider. We did settle HBC and HO but we want something above range. Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn are two in my wish-list. But, a quick check made our hearts sink. WS is totally out of our range - I guess it's only meant for people who live in estate homes or in exclusive lake-side communities. B gave me a famous sarcastic remark - Hun, you really want to have an $80 cutting board?!!?!? Arggggh!!! If looks can kill! Hello, why on earth will you register for a cutting board at WS anyway? Enough said.
Pottery Barn is not too bad though. It's mid-range to really high-to-the-heavens range. (WS and PB are owned by one company!!!) But, I am so disappointed that most of the stuff we want are not even sold in Canada! Jeeperssssss!!! Those nice monogrammable stuff are apparently just being sold in the US and there's no cross border swapping of info allowed yet. (And we thought there's free trade?!?!?!) Omg!!!! Sooooooo - I guess I'll have to do more research and find that nice luggage tag, that cosmetic bag, that faux leather we want to give Fr. Krys, etc!
See, if only Kate Spade carries that too - then, I guess I won't have problems, right?!?!?!?! Thing is, same dang problem (no cross border info swap) is allowed. Sheesh!!!! But really, I love the tiffany blue/moss coloured Kate tag!
I really darn hope that I'd stumble on something like this - it's a practical and useful gift!!! Rant over. Tomorrow is a new day! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment