Monday, December 05, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...and a whole lot of rants and raves...


Everywhere you go - especially on a weekend - it seems that people are busily getting to places. In the malls, it's chaotic - and yes, traffic, horrible!!!

Christmas is coming - and that's why I've been remiss in posting! hahaha Last week was not a good time - having been in very sticky situations with some folks at work (no, not my immediate co-workers but people who work in the College who has very big egos or lacks big time with CS or common sense or customer service - the former, being the most important anywhere you go!)

Anyhow, I was so glad that that week was over! That Friday wasn't too bad too - because we finally got an MC! Yay!!! Fernando happily accepted B's invite - and we met him up for dinner at OSF. We capped the night with a Starbucks meeting and carrot cake! :)

Saturday was very good because we finally booked the tuxes! Yipee!!!! :) Kanaye in Northland NW was very easy to deal with. There's less fuss and more importantly, we're getting the rental at it's 2005 price - thanks to the Bridal show coupon - which is the only good thing that we got out of attending that dang show. lol.

We went next to Designer Depot and got my nephew a cord suit ensemble! Excellent price at $30 and a Little Tikes construction toys for $15 - so, that merited us a $10 (or was it $15?) gift card to be used another time! I love these steals!!!! :)

My favorite is our troop to Chinook. B got my matching bracelet at Birk's! OMG!!!! Lisa, the very helpful associate with a perfect set of teeth (lol) helped us find my bracelet. She also suggested that we wait a bit for our bridesmaid gifts as there are new products coming out for Spring 2006! :) Next stop: Gap - and you know what I found? Yes, the elusive luggage tags!!!!! Holy!!! At $12.95 each (cheaper than Kate Spade and Banana Republic but more expensive than Roots) - I was a very happy camper that day! So, I bought some gifts there and went for more gifts at Pottery Barn with B - for my sisters and for Heather & Jeff in NWT. (We also bought pesto mayonnaise and bruschetta at Williams Sonoma. lol) We also stopped by Old Navy for the bros-in-laws shirts, B's pants, J's maternity bottoms.

Sunday was great too! We went just to Market Mall - this time to Lush (for Barb), Zellers for all the kids' toys, and Sharon's calendar re-fill. Sport check and the Bay for Doug, Esprit for Christine's birthday and finally- two Banana Republic tops for me!

Now, only if I know for sure what to give my hunny bunny... that's for another week though! :)

I don't feel well today - but I really need to write something here as I miss doing an entry! lol.

No comments: