Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Miracles


Over the past month, I have been mulling over and wanting to write down some ideas that caught my small mind...but really, big things that tickle me pink with happiness, surprise and of all things - give me that surge of peace.

1. Our crocus. B and I were bitten by the gardening bug and because we decided to have some reprieve from wedding planning and focus on our home - we thought, let's try putting on some flowers on our front yard. So, we went to Golden Acres in the NE and the famous Sunnyside in the South for our bulbs. (We were told this is the easiest to grow - so we tried it. lol) Our fascination for tulips is unwavering - especially me - who grew up in the tropics and humid weather and the only place you'll find tulips where I grew up is in the fridge with it's brand name - "Holland tulips". :) So, yes, am happy as a bee helping my B plan the multi coloured variety of tulips in our yard. Anyhow, we also got muscari (just because it's blue and this is our favourite colour!!!) and yes, crocus - just because it said on the instruction carton that it lingers till almost winter. Funny, because we will have to see for ourselves till next Spring and Fall (2006). But, look!!! The bizarre (not that we're complaining) sunny and almost summery weather we experienced this Autumn has made our crocus sprout several months early! We were aghast! It's cute!!! :) Small (about 3 - 5 inches in height) but really purplish colours! It survived in the snow even... hmmm... miracle #1...

2. Transformation c/o Nadine Banks of Merle Norman & Tina of Just Your Style - ok, this is trivial. But, I can't help but blog on the very different look (and beautiful! ahem, love your own! lol) created for me by these ladies. First, Tina - I was depressed with my long locks getting split ends due to Calgary weather. I NEVER had split ends and it was driving me nuts! So, because last Saturday was B's Christmas party, I thought of having a glam-hairstyle - something I've NEVER done. It was layered (I called it chopped! haha) and it was like a bed-head but full of volume + shine. B didn't recognize me when he picked me up from the salon. lol But he was all thumbs up and kept bugging me that I look hot!!!!! :) Next is Nadine. This Merle Norman aesthetician is wonderful! :) Besides me arriving 2 hours ahead of my appointment (I was scheduled at 5pm but I came in at 3pm because we had to check in late at the Hyatt) and they - being very accommodating, I can't help but really rave on their wonderful service. Nadine got the look I wanted - and didn't make me so 'made up' and thick with all the cosmetics! Even more, she did it in less than an hour! This kind of make up is what I would call 'dramatic' and I know NOW that there's hope for me - come wedding day! Because Nadine is the only one who gave me the kind of look I wanted so far... :) This is my miracle #2.

3. Most eligible (and elusive) bachelor/friend is getting hitched. Because of his popular stature in Manila, I can't disclose his name. My pseudo-brother who I have maintained close contact with over the years announced his greatest news so far yet. Well, 2 news actually. :) That he is getting hitched this Friday (also his birthday) on civil rites and that his wife-to-be is carrying a stork. Baby M is due in June 2006. :) After a quick chat on the phone last Monday (Tuesday in Manila), I heard his very jovial voice while shuffling papers and licenses about this impending celebration. Alas, I is tying the knot with K. Who would ever think that he would take the plunge?!?! Miracle #3

4. A new job for Christine. We all have been praying for a full-time, permanent job for my sister, who is the mom of Joaquin. The uncertainties in her present work (their pharmacy is due to be sold to other owners) and finally, the Lord answered our prayers with a new job in one of the largest government-run long term extended care facility in Calgary. This somehow suggests stability - and we're still praying for another miracle for their family - a goodnatured nanny who will look after her little boy and our loving nephew Joaquin. This is the 4th miracle - and hopefully, we will get our answered prayer for the caregiver soon.

5. The Sacrament of Reconciliation. What more is fitting for the Lord who is All Powerful, Almighty and Omniscient? But, more love and adoration and a time to heal. Yesterday, B & I went to Confession and since this is B's first time to go (he was just baptized in the RCIA last Easter) - he came all solemn and prayerful. From someone who has not learned all it's values, B experienced ALL of God's grace after he went to the confessional. I'd throw in my .02 and say that it's good to be in God's loving presence again. Not that I've been totally astray - I think we're still in His good books because we try to be good people - but I think we have a beautiful present to Him because we knew and we prepared spiritually for His coming... the miracle of grace - is our 5th...

And I guess more is yet to come - but that's another blog! :)

No comments: